Slow's build: Wheelie Bar Equipped

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Slow66 said:
Correct.

Whenever i get around to making it, ill be sure to get pics. I may even polish it just for you Duane. I know how much you like shiny stuff.....:)

Let's wait til you bolt on your 88mm.. :naughty: Should be pretty badass. So when is the fire up party? :sarcasm:

Duane

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
upgradedsupra said:
Let's wait til you bolt on your 88mm.. :naughty: Should be pretty badass. So when is the fire up party? :sarcasm:

Duane

awesome progress! makes me want to work on mine...

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Slow66 said:
*** parts update ***

FINALLY got my flanges cut...they took foreverrrrrr
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Got my fuel rail, rail clamps, 12 injector bungs, and a drill bit for the injector holes to make my rail. Now i'm equipped to make some nice fuel rails for anyone that may be interested ;) :)
sm_photo_missing.jpg
Just wondering where you learned to weld. I know you bought a Miller welder.
I just picked up a nice used Econo tig. I would have rather bought the syncrowave 200, But this one was a hell of a deal.

I have been looking for someone to guide me on welding stainless and aluminum.
Dave

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
fstoy said:
Just wondering where you learned to weld. I know you bought a Miller welder.
I just picked up a nice used Econo tig. I would have rather bought the syncrowave 200, But this one was a hell of a deal.

I have been looking for someone to guide me on welding stainless and aluminum.
Dave

Haven't taken any formal classes yet, Dave, but i will shortly. Everythign so far has been trial and error on scrap material. I'm gonna actually start on the real stuff soon. Started the exhaust manifold tonight actually.

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
Slow66 said:
Haven't taken any formal classes yet, Dave, but i will shortly. Everythign so far has been trial and error on scrap material. I'm gonna actually start on the real stuff soon. Started the exhaust manifold tonight actually.

you haven't done any aluminum yet? if not you are in for a treat ; ) i started getting alot better with aluminum a few months ago on some customer projects (an i/c endtank change & brackets, some i/c brackets and piping, and a rack for cable reels). WOW! lets just say everything you learned doing chromoly and stainless you need to completely forget. 5X the power, 10X the cleanliness, 20X more of a pain in the ass... iv'e gotten so much better with practice though...

sorry for the complete lack of updates on my never ending story, ive been in the process of moving my shop for a couple months, which will be complete next weekend (crosses fingers). moving always sucks but the new shop is so much nicer, and i am adding another lift, so that costs $$$. o and one of my techs started a new shop project too, so that will be taking some of my fab time from the supra too...

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
ma70tt said:
you haven't done any aluminum yet? if not you are in for a treat ; ) i started getting alot better with aluminum a few months ago on some customer projects (an i/c endtank change & brackets, some i/c brackets and piping, and a rack for cable reels). WOW! lets just say everything you learned doing chromoly and stainless you need to completely forget. 5X the power, 10X the cleanliness, 20X more of a pain in the ass... iv'e gotten so much better with practice though...

sorry for the complete lack of updates on my never ending story, ive been in the process of moving my shop for a couple months, which will be complete next weekend (crosses fingers). moving always sucks but the new shop is so much nicer, and i am adding another lift, so that costs $$$. o and one of my techs started a new shop project too, so that will be taking some of my fab time from the supra too...

Actually, i think I'm better on Al than all the steel stuff....not really sure why

More pics...

Gutted doors...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Started the header fab..
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
Slow66 said:
Actually, i think I'm better on Al than all the steel stuff....not really sure why

why do you get to be better at al than steel? it was tough for me... O, an no fair you gutted your doors... i'm still keeping my power windows and all the glass in mine. well unless you are faster :icon_evil then that shit will go...:sarcasm:

S

SLOW7M

How do your door latches and everything work with the doors gutted?