Slow's build: Wheelie Bar Equipped

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice Bryan :) I wish my dampener would be that cheap. I would guess your pulley was more than 450 since you had something custom attatched to it yes?

Duane

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
upgradedsupra said:
Nice Bryan :) I wish my dampener would be that cheap. I would guess your pulley was more than 450 since you had something custom attatched to it yes?

Duane

Actually the damper was $399 thru Summit, and even came with the extra A/C pulley i have no use for. I do have a drive that bolts onto the front of the damper to drive the belt driven fuel pump, so it costs a bit extra, but it isnt a part of the damper itself.....

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
oscolivar1 said:
hmm i might be going to summit for the dampner

They dont stock it so you dont get it in the normal 2-3 days, but it only took about a week i think. ATI is pure quality. I have a bunch of their products on my bucket....

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Rear Lexan installed...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Starting fab for the big plenum ffim, but no real progress will be made until i get my TIG in a couple weeks or so....

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
my best guess is that its a solid 12-15lbs lighter. Just my guess though...i havent held the stock glass in a while....

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
^^ i think he mentioned earlier that he's using basic stuff, not scratch resistant.

nice work so far, cant wait to see the finished product :)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
dbsupra90 said:
is that the scratch resistant stuff?

how are the optics?

lookin good man!

Its just basic 3/16" polycarbonate....I dodnt want to take the chance of messing up the expensive scratch-resistant stuff, so i started out with this.... I will eventually make new ones in some scratch-resistant stuff now that i have a better template.

As far as the optics, i havent had any real sunlight on it so i couldnt really tell you about glare, etc, but i think they shoudl be ok, assuming i dont scratch the shit outta it ;)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I suppose i could try emailing it to someone though to see if they could upload it....dunno if that would be quicker or not....

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah i hear ya. that scratch resistant stuff is spendy.

if you did happen to get some scratches there is this stuff called lexan magic that works awesome. it was originally designed for aircraft canopies.