sleepy eyes without modifying a thing.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
chances are there's somethin wrong with my wiring that allows this to work, but check it out.
i turned my running lights on while i was waiting for my friend to get in the car, and completely on accident flipped my headlights on. an instant after flipping em on, i flipped the switch back to where only the running lights would be on, and my headlights only got a chance to go partially up. they stayed up and it was in perfect position for sleepy eyes.:naughty: sorry if everyone already knows how to do this and i'm makin myself look stupid as we speak.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
suprahero said:
Did it do it just once, or does it do it every time?

every time... turn the runners on for a while, go from heads back to runners real quick and they stay up. i'll admit, it looks realllly good in the dark.
but does this really mean something's wrong? all the lights function fine when i'm using em normally too IIRC.

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
That is normal.

It is just a fault in the design of the circuit. The switch doesn't realize the headlight isn't fully closed so if you turn the switch to quickly the light gets frozen in whatever position it is in.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Fletch124 said:
Used to do this all the time. Works good but gets frustrating when you cant get them as high as you want.

haha yeah i have the opposite problem, mine go too high sometimes. usually it's pretty good though.

balong

suprastar
Mar 17, 2007
Calgary
i read about it before
tried it. too low/too high
its hard to get it perfect but w/e
id rather mine stay down or fully up though

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Jeff Lange said:
Great way to wear out your headlight switch prematurely.

Upside: Nil.

well i just found out about it tonight, so i've done sleepy eyes a grand total of ~3 times now. i don't like the way it looks enough to drive around flippin my headlights halfway on and off all day/night, not to mention how stupid that would look. so i'll probably only do it once in a while when i'm feelin badass and adventurous haha. if my switch blows that's gonna suck though. thanks for the info jeff, i'll keep the eye sleeping to a minimum.

jsnowman76

In need of another supra
Oct 17, 2006
Elk grove, CA
tried it a couple times but it is really hard to get it just right.

you get lucky once in a while

.... I had a hard time getting it to stay up. :sarcasm:

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
jsnowman76 said:
.... I had a hard time getting it to stay up. :sarcasm:

lol i'm sorry man.
p833642_1.jpg

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
TuRbOdReAmZ87 said:
Or instead of screwing around with the switch for an hour an a half you could just pop the hood and adjust them manually to get the right hight for the sleepy look. ::dunce:: :biglaugh:

haha yeah right, my switch takes a good 30 seconds.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
TuRbOdReAmZ87 said:
lol yeah? Well my manual adjusting takes 29 seconds..now what? :rofl:

well now i guess i have to get an aftermarket jdm switch to give me 5hp and quicker headlight adjustment.:biglaugh: