Sleeper Supra?

Can Supras be Sleepers?

• Total voters

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
So what do you guys think? Since we have 1J's in our cars, and our cars don't normally come with them...
Do you guys think our cars can be considered sleepers?
Especially those of us who have reached higher horse power levels?
Most people don't know what our cars are because they're a bit older.
My car is not on the road yet, but I have a single turbo 1J and I'm projecting to have 500 hp at the wheels. With no exterior modifications to make me look flashy, my car will look like a run of the mill Supra. If the sllper name does apply, I think I will have one once I'm on the road.
Or does the name sleeper just not apply due to the name Supra?
Tell me what you think.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
hmm depends. i think alot of people would consider it a sleeper. but then again alot of people know the MKIV and automatically thing of it when you say supra. but yeah a 500HP mkiii would be a nice sleeper IMO

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
If you want a sleeper with a 1j, then sell the Supra and get an SC.
I walk and get walked, but very few walk me. The first thing out of the walkee's mouth is "holy **** " what do you have in that thing? The walker(me) responds with sarcasm..."Stock".....

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i can't make mine a sleeper, it would need to be quiet and sound stock but run 10's

i can't do that, i have to have mine screaming loud.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mine is a sleeper ;)

LPG fuel here is normally used in Taxi's and delivery trucks and I have a tow hitch,quiet exhaust,nothing to denote it's a turbo at all so no one expects it to have 500+rwhp and an old guy driving.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I said its possilbe only for a mk3, the mk4 even an NA is assumed turbo by anyone outside the community, I drove a buddies NA and I would never own one because all the shit u get revved on, yelled at, etc and in the NA u got nothing. So yea a mk3 sleeper is possible.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ. said:
Mine is a sleeper ;)

LPG fuel here is normally used in Taxi's and delivery trucks and I have a tow hitch,quiet exhaust,nothing to denote it's a turbo at all so no one expects it to have 500+rwhp and an old guy driving.

Quiet?
You gotta be kidding, We have all seen the videos, your car sounds like a jet taking off.:biglaugh:

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
My old Buick was a sleeper...
1498658048_l.jpg

People didn't really know what it was, because it's not black. Was a really fun car though, never ran it at the track but on low boost it felt like a low 12's car, full weight with everything working. Turn the boost up and it was mid 11's easy.

The Supra, definitely not a sleeper, nor could I ever make it that. The only thing it has going for it in that regard is that I'm running upgraded 12b's. That look stock, and I can say and do say they are the stock turbos for that motor, b/c most people don't know the difference.

And yes I have a thing for dark gray colored cars. :)