Sleeper exhaust 2.5

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
Ok so in the wait for some money I got a wild hair up my ass and went and pounded out the cats to act as resonators and modified the crappy turbo muffler that came with the car when I bought it by welding a piece of straight pipe about 3/4 of the way inside of it leaving a little bit of room so that the muffler can do its job and well hears the results lol. From the appearance its a sleeper not that I have many mods done to her yet :(

http://youtu.be/nTyU5buMhSw

Last edited:

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
That's how mine almost sounded like when it was having miss fires. It didn't sound so smooth, realised my sparkplug leads weren't on properly.

FuzzayD

Dec 14, 2011
christchurch
nah thats just what it sounds like. put a pipe through the cat so the gases dont expand in it to make it sound smoother <experienced cat puncher>

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Since this is basically 'straight pipe' you should listen to some other sound clips as this turbo model has the same rattle as a N/A, I'd be looking for some problems lol

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
It sounds like there is a dead cylinder. My NA sounded just like that when I had a fuel injector leaking due to bad/worn O-rings.

I would start pulling plugs and find out which cylinder isn't firing...