Skills With A 15 Ton Front Loader

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Well, aside from the cool factor, I'd be extremely displeased if I were the owner of that loader and found my employees doing that... However, it does sound like some sort of competition?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Wow, I had no idea those things would be responsive enough to allow the driver to control it that well...

I figured those things would have enough lag to make that kind of balance impossibile.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
the amount of control the operator has over those things is astounding. thats how they'll take a cat 385c and finish jobs within 3 inches of the target line.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
shaeff;1215935 said:
Well, aside from the cool factor, I'd be extremely displeased if I were the owner of that loader and found my employees doing that... However, it does sound like some sort of competition?

in that particular case, i think it was a promo for that model.... not entirely sure, but whatever it was in aid of, it was done with the blessing of the owner of the loader...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
shaeff;1215935 said:
Well, aside from the cool factor, I'd be extremely displeased if I were the owner of that loader and found my employees doing that...

why....?

I'm more than sure it was designed to do that. :biglaugh:

Spin it in circles while on the front wheels, and I'll consider being impressed. lol

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
suprarx7nut;1216236 said:
Wow, I had no idea those things would be responsive enough to allow the driver to control it that well...

I figured those things would have enough lag to make that kind of balance impossibile.

Think of how dangerous it would be if it wasn't. I've driven some propane forklifts that didn't respond quickly like others do, nearly had some accidents because of it.

Who

Supramania Contributor
suprarx7nut;1216236 said:

Those loaders have a four speed transmission and can do about 40mph.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
i drive those kind all the time at work. they must have locked the center so it wouldnt turn. then you got the forward and revese botton on the joy stick. not that hard to do at all. i would like to see them hit a corner really fast and ride it on two wheels. then you would have all the caution lights going off. those lights go off really easy. heres what i do witht them. this car is rusted out and has been stripped.

[URL=http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture106te6.jpg] [/URL]

[URL=http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture408rm7.jpg] [/URL]