Size of my rod bearing 88 Supra 7MGTE?

msane99

Feb 8, 2008
Hoschton, GA
:1zhelp: I have the TSRM and it says to add number on rod cap to number on crank. I have a "2" on my rod cap, and on my Crank I have "010" would this be considered a 1? therefore the proper bearing for me woud be 3. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. The old one was a factory rod bearing and no one besides me has been in the bottom end. However the single digit identication number is either worn off (i'm betting), or was not on there in the first place. I have a number on the old bearing (6 or 7 digits)but toyota told me this was probably just a date code, not sure if i beleive them or not. Many Thank! Michael

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
im not sure what youre trying to ask. but if youre doing a rebuild and had crank polished/turned then do by how much the machine shopped removed from crank..or you could take your crank and rods and have them mic it to the correct sizes if youre uncomfortable/unsure thats your best bet right there.

msane99

Feb 8, 2008
Hoschton, GA
I think I figured it out:

rod cap for my number 4 rod is stamped 2. According to tsrm i check the rear center counter for appropriate number which in my case is 010 would be as follows from front to back:

#4 add 0 to rod cap (in my case this would be bearing # 2 2+0=2
#5 add 1 to rod cap rod cap# + 1 = x
#6 add 0 to rod cap rod cap# + 0 = x

same would apply for 1-3 reading front of engine to back.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Michael