Silver MKiii Supra suggestions.

TurboJoe

Feb 21, 2009
Springfield, MO
Alright, I'm 16 years old, on a TIGHT budget, and I need some suggestions.
I want to get some wheels for less than $150ish/pc.
If anyone has pictures with a silver Supra with nice wheels, shoot em at me, PLEASE.
I like flat 5 spoke, and also like Toyota wheels, just not mine, their kinda plain and boring, I do like the stock '92 Supra wheels, but its hard to find good condition ones.
Any suggestions?

Here's mine . .
p1268026_1.jpg

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i dont have a pic, but i have a set of mille miglia II rims. 5 spoke 17x9. very conservative but practical.
otherwise i would go with the NA mk4 rims... search it and you'll find some pics
-pete

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
good point... but upgrading the suspension and a nice set of wide wheels was probably the most noticeable modification i did to my supra when i first got it. handling makes the car, raising the boost breaks it

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Are you also factoring in that you'd more than likely need new rubber to go on the rims unless you stick with 16's?

What I'd do if I was you is I'd polish the stock sawblades, which would likely look good with the silver; and put the money into lowering springs and struts to match. If I was going for looks anyway.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I have to agree... save your money.

I ran the sawblades for 5 years before I did the first upgrade. I kept those rims for 5 years and then sold them after I picked up my latest set of rims - of course I will have had the new rims for 5+ years before I put them on the Supra.

I've been on the sawblades since I sold the other rims back in 2006. New rims are sitting in the boxes - brand new.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I also must agree man. Save your dollars for maintence. Unless your slingin' crack rock;) But going by your "TIGHT" budget I guess not:naughty:
To each his own.

EDIT: Car looks damn straight man:thumbup:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
IMO sawblades look much better in person than in photos. Black sawblades are quite nice too!

When I was 16, I thought they were pretty ugly too. I've grown out of it and am rather okay with them now. Painted them, and now I'm quite satisfied!
p1268741_1.jpg

p1268741_2.jpg

p1268741_3.jpg

p1268741_4.jpg

(Carry over low profiles, I'm aware theres not enough tire there)

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
I like the 89+ 5spokes on silver supras. This is my silver one. I also used to have the silver rims that are on the black supra on the silver supra. They looked decent but looked kind of big considering the Silver one wasnt lowered yet.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I agree as well. I wouldn't point it out again but since you're only 16, you need to hear it again. Save the money for what's broken, if nothing is, something will, and soon, and then something else, and then something else. And then something else.

I know how it is to run sawblades, it's shit at first, but they are a decent size, width and they arent hubcaps. The looks of the car won't matter when you can't drive it because something is broke and you're saving your lunch money to fix it ;)

If you want something cheapish still and nicer looking, the 91-2 5spokes are always around. I think there are two thread with them in the for sale section right now. Someone parting a 92, that might be one of them, and someone selling a set for $280 shipped. Check it out!

I got some from a person parting a 92, 4 almost new winter tires, and three sumer tires. for $300 CND. Sold the three tires for $200 (could have gotten more, didn't really care), my old sawblades for $50. And when winter comes back around I'll be selling these winters for around $300. 250 profit and I keep mmy 5-spokes for some reason.

Anyways, $280 isn't bad at all, all centre caps there.