www.ebay.com
P1030582.JPG

P1030652.JPG

You have to go at least once. :thumbup:

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I'll be there! Look for the obnoxiously loud Z31...i'd bring the supra, but she doesn't have an engine right now.

and if anybody will be looking for a roomy, we stuffed 8 people in ours last year, so there's plenty of accommodations should somebody need it....well except for kyle, we can only fit about 3 of him in there...

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
ah...looking forward to my 3rd supraless apperance.

once again, i'll be driving the truck in, not very fast, but you can't beat the room rates.

old lady said she would fly in this year, so might end up in a room after all

and keith, she mentioned last year that she wouldn't mind helping out on the fundraising front, i'll see what she's got going on this year if you still need the help,not shure what she has going on this year...

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Thanks for all of the enthusiasm guys. We're getting excited too for this year's event.

Here's a sneak preview of the schedule so far...

Thursday Oct 4 - Dyno Challenge and Poker Tournament
Friday Oct 5 - Show-and-Shine and Awards Presentation
Saturday Oct 6 - Scenic Drive and Drag Showdown

Trucker - if your wife wants to help out with fundraising let me know and I'll get her in touch with Jack (our Sponsor Manager this year).

We are looking for volunteers to help out both before and during the event. I'll have an online form ready soon so people can sign up.

I am working on a special token for all participants - yes this does mean you have to actually bring a Supra to get this special gift. Maybe I'll put one together for the spectators too. Should that one read "I couldn't bring my broke @$$ Supra this year but I still made it to The Largest Supra Event on the Planet!" hehehe

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
Sounds exciting guys. But how come Vegas.supras.org doesn't have the dates and info? They have a write up on why it could possibly not happen this year. :cry:

I only found this thread after reading that. What gives?

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
There are dates in the special announcement. I haven't yet had time to update the main page with the dates though.

Information will come together slowly over the coming months as we put things together.

The special announcement has worked so far. We now have a Sponsor Manager that will help us raise the $$ to pay for this event. We also have coordinators for the Scenic Drive and the Poker Tournament. We are still looking for coordinators for the Show-and-Shine, Dyno Challenge, and Drag Showdown.

If we don't fill these positions we will have to reduce the amount of coordination for those activities. Example: Without a drag showdown coordinator we will simply run ET Drags all night.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
We need a hotel and a big lot.

We have stayed at the Luxor for the past 10 years because of a few reasons.
1. It is VERY easy to find - this is important for those people coming in from out of town.
2. There is a very nice covered garage with minimal speedbumps - if you come in from Frank Sinatra Dr you can avoid all speedbumps (critical for some of our Supras)
3. You don't have to go up into the parking garage - many of the Supras have lips that are so low that they can't make it up the steep ramps that the parking garages have
4. The security guards step up their patrols when we come in - they also turn the cameras to watch the Supras instead of just watching the entrances.

For the past couple of years the Luxor has given us that back lot as part of the large block of rooms that we sell. This year that lot is up in the air as I have heard that it has been ripped up for a repair.

We are looking for another lot for this year's Show-and-Shine. I have a lot that I would LOVE to use (and it is PERFECT in nearly every way for our show) but they really LOVE their lot and want to charge $10,000 just for a few hours of parking. For $10,000 I could probably build a parking lot. :)

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
I've been so busy I barely spend time on here anymore, but I promise to go to this event this year, even if my car is not up and running.

I've been spending so much of my free time planning out a new jewelry store I'm opening in Burbank, all my spare time and money has gone into that project but my heart is still with the Supra community :)

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
It is official. The main coordination team for SILV07 is set. This means that SILV continues to be coordinated by Supra owners representing the MkII, MkIII, and MkIV generations. This is something that I am very proud of.

Our coordination Team for SILV07 is:
Bob S (CA) - MkII - Dyno Challenge
Steve M (AZ) - MkIII - Poker Tournament
Adam (CA) - MkIV - Show-and-Shine
Keith H (OR)- MkIII - Awards Presentation
James N (CO) - MkIII - Scenic Drive
Michelle S (formerly WA) - MkIV - Drag Showdown

We are working on a new experiment for this year's T-shirt artwork. As soon as we have all of the details we will be calling for submissions for a contest to design this year's shirt. This will include a cash payout to the winning design.

There seems to be a lot of excitement already stirring around this year's event. Be sure to bookmark the official SILV website at http://Vegas.Supras.Org or http://www.SILV.info to stay up to date with the latest information.

SupraSport presents
Supras Invade Las Vegas
This one goes to eleven!
October 4 - 6, 2007
Dyno Challenge - Poker Tournament - Show-and-Shine - Scenic Drive - Drag Showdown
http://Vegas.Supras.Org

Last edited:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
We did Mt Charleston a few years ago - it was SPECTACULAR!

This year because the gates open at 5pm at the drags we wanted to give people time to get cleaned up and have dinner so we decided to take the Red Rock trip again.

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
KeithH said:
We did Mt Charleston a few years ago - it was SPECTACULAR!

This year because the gates open at 5pm at the drags we wanted to give people time to get cleaned up and have dinner so we decided to take the Red Rock trip again.
oh ok.
Yeah mt charleston is a very nice ride and you can get food at the lodge, but if you have to be back in town at 5pm its kind of a stretch :icon_evil

I sent you a PM by the way.

PRpimp3o3

da puerto rican supra man
Apr 2, 2005
CO
hey i was looking at a import tuner my buddy had and i saw that hot import nights will be there on the 6th. would be cool if we could have 200+ supras at that too lol

slowsupratt

Your Daddy
Feb 10, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
PRpimp3o3 said:
hey i was looking at a import tuner my buddy had and i saw that hot import nights will be there on the 6th. would be cool if we could have 200+ supras at that too lol

Las Vegas, NV
10/6/2007
4pm - 11pm
7000 E. Russell Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89122

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Supras don't really want to drag race anyway.

On a side note... I just received the boxes with the limited edition commemorative token. Each participant in the various activities will receive this special token.