Signs That You Need A Subframe Retorque.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
When you take the cars weight off the subframe and your bushings look like this.

Weight off:
p1278638_1.jpg

Weight on:
p1278638_2.jpg

So thats my next job.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Poodles;1278680 said:

well what kinda shit is that?! who the hell in upper management at toyota ok'ed that idea.

in all seriousness tho im prolly still gonna check and see. my car is older than me and its got some miles so i might as well check.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They're supposed to insulate the noise and vibration, can't do that when they're solid...

Try retorquing (definately can't hurt as it's supposed to be done at specific intervals but never is), but I bought you'll see too much change...

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Would this be corrected by installing new bushings and retorquing those bolts? I'd guess that having that much up and down play can't be good for handling and rife comfort. The other day i was thinking about this, then I run into this thread. So yeah, I'm gonna check mine asap.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Poodles;1278759 said:
They're supposed to insulate the noise and vibration, can't do that when they're solid...

Try retorquing (definately can't hurt as it's supposed to be done at specific intervals but never is), but I bought you'll see too much change...

True. well good to know that they are supposed to do that to an extent i got very worried when i saw that.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
im not sure i wanna retorque first and see what happens but one day down the road this cars gonna get a full ES bushing kit and prolly soild subframe spacers or the ones BIC offers.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
NashMan;1279653 said:
re turq? i just sap them on with an impact gun fuck turq wrench

well, at least you can pull four of the bolts out from above when they snap, I'd hate to break off the bolts threaded into the frame...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Do NOT use an impact...

Hell, if you have a cheap impact and a smallish compressor, you're not going to get to the proper torque value for the rears...

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
piffft go tell that it any shop they look at you funny

if you snap it you should never use an impack gun ever again

the only thing i truq is wheel's and stuff that really requires it