Signatures

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
I have noticed a growing trend on this forum. I keep seeing more and more members creating signatures with cars that they dont even own, and in many cases are other members cars!!. On top of that they are photoshopping and altering them. Personally I think thats really cheesy, and ridiculous. Im not going to call those members out at the moment, but seriously am I the only one who is noticing this? :nono:

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
doesn't bother me....
maybe its a pic to remind them that it is their goal on how they want it to look even if it not
how come it bothers you?

its their sig.
as long as it doesnt break rules im cool with it.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I don't even have signatures turned on. To me that is a total waste of time. Do we really need custom things under our name, custom avatars, AND massive signatures? I don't. :) Especially when those signatures never change.

For those of you that have all those things... it is no skin off my nose. I don't see them anyway. :)

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Well, I agree to having your own car in there, but to the people who see their car in someone elses sig, maybe take a little pride in knowing someone, at least one other, likes your car that much... iono, double sided.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
kwnate said:
If its not your car, keep it out of your sig. My 2 cents.
TRU DAT! its one thing to dream of that, its another to blatently rip off anothers work. be proud of your car weither it runs or not, clean or not etc. its your car, not someone elses.

and i will call the people out. the guy whos got upgraded's grow up. build your own.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
maybe it doesn't bother me cuz i dont care about sigs and i dont have one
and most of all someone doesn't have my car in their sig.
sigs are pointless...

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Kinda like a form of being yourself, self identity or whatever, like the clothes we wear individualize us. k, ill stop now, dont wanna turn this into any arguements.

OK Im gonna ask anyways, no sig? Then why have an avatar?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
If you like someone's car so much, go build one. Not that people meant to offend by doing it , but it is cheesy.....why dont you just put a pic of their woman in your avatar while your at it.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
oscolivar1 said:
maybe it doesn't bother me cuz i dont care about sigs and i dont have one
and most of all someone doesn't have my car in their sig.
sigs are pointless...

My sig helps me advertise (with approval of course), as not a lot of people check out the miscellenous vendors section, or at least not my threads.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I dont know about sigs being pointless. For me yes, no one wants to see a stock NA over and over again with no mods. But a sig done right is very nice!!! Just in this thread Nate and TooKwik have sweet sigs and should be very proud of their hard work. I personally dont get tired of looking at either of those two cars. Members that are using others cars ya that is lame!!! But what you gona do???? All we can do as members is get along and help where we can!!!!
Soup Out!!!!

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
oscolivar1 said:
doesn't bother me....
maybe its a pic to remind them that it is their goal on how they want it to look even if it not
how come it bothers you?

its their sig.
as long as it doesnt break rules im cool with it.

I agree. What's wrong with posting your goals if you own up to it and say it's what you're working toward and not what you have?

Now playing like it's your own? That's something a little different. Still, I don't think I could ever post anything but what I've done myself.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Well maybe these people didnt know they were retarted and now we helped them....but somehow I doubt it! I swear I saw a couple sigs with Ron's car. ...and TY guys.

By the way Tanya made my sig because she is super cool....Thanks Tanya!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
tookwik4u89 said:
If you like someone's car so much, go build one. Not that people meant to offend by doing it , but it is cheesy.....why dont you just put a pic of their woman in your avatar while your at it.

you're just jealous cuz there's a party in my sig and you're not invited. :kloguck:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Tanya said:
My sig helps me advertise (with approval of course), as not a lot of people check out the miscellenous vendors section, or at least not my threads.

Speaking of which, would it be possible to make the sig a bit smaller? It's almost 500KB.