Sig Requests

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
I am bored. If anyone wants a sig just post some pics and a list of mods or anything special you want said. Sorry but I don't do animations, just still images.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Get to work. I wanna be blown away by this sig.

carebears.jpg

OzzFest_0012.jpg

French%20Toast.JPG

Crazy.JPG

Last edited:

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
I can't believe I even bothered!
p288306_1.jpg

I'm going to bed now. When I wake up there had better be SERIOUS requests to keep me occupied!

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
I will work on it, but it won't be done for a few days, because I have to drive to Albquerque in the morning, but I will work on it if I have time tomorrow night. I don't know about the Angie thing I'll need to find a pic that won't look funny with her in the sig. Plus I don't like to image surf because of the possibility of virus'. I guess I'm a little weird with that, but since I make my living with these computers it's better safe than sorry. If you can find a few pics yourself that you think will look good, then I will see what I can do.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
exander said:
I will work on it, but it won't be done for a few days, because I have to drive to Albquerque in the morning, but I will work on it if I have time tomorrow night. I don't know about the Angie thing I'll need to find a pic that won't look funny with her in the sig. Plus I don't like to image surf because of the possibility of virus'. I guess I'm a little weird with that, but since I make my living with these computers it's better safe than sorry. If you can find a few pics yourself that you think will look good, then I will see what I can do.

Use Firefox or a Mac. ;) And if you're worried about tracking cookies set your browser to prompt to store cookies.

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
I am using firefox already. And setting my cookies off won't do anything if there is a virus imbedded into the picture.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
exander said:
I am using firefox already. And setting my cookies off won't do anything if there is a virus imbedded into the picture.

Okay, so let's say there is a virus in an image... Now how is it going to run? You can't execute an image. It could possibly exploit a particular browser or image viewer/editor, but those kind of exploits are rare. Just keep your browser up to date and then if you're really paranoid you can take screen shots and then crop instead of downloading images.

Please point me to the article(s)/report(s) that warn of viruses in images.

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
swaq said:
Okay, so let's say there is a virus in an image... Now how is it going to run? You can't execute an image. It could possibly exploit a particular browser or image viewer/editor, but those kind of exploits are rare. Just keep your browser up to date and then if you're really paranoid you can take screen shots and then crop instead of downloading images.

Please point me to the article(s)/report(s) that warn of viruses in images.
It can all be tied into cross site scripting It doesn't have to be imbedded into the picture itself; all that needs done is a simple link to a site and from this malicious code can be used to gain access to your machine. I am assuming you have some programming background, but my livelyhood is made with these comps. so I'd rather just keep it safe, and let others do the searching especially when it's for them. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
BlkSupra87 said:
ok I will look for pics...

thanks!!!
Find any yet, I just got back from ABQ a few minutes ago, and I can work on it some tonight if you found the pics you want.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
exander said:
It can all be tied into cross site scripting It doesn't have to be imbedded into the picture itself; all that needs done is a simple link to a site and from this malicious code can be used to gain access to your machine. I am assuming you have some programming background, but my livelyhood is made with these comps. so I'd rather just keep it safe, and let others do the searching especially when it's for them. I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Ah hah, I see what you're saying. This would be one of the reasons why I stay away from MySpace. Though it seems that Internet Explorer suffers from this type of vulnerability much more than Firefox. I can totally understand where you're coming from though, it's not worth risking critical computers just to search for images. I would recommend using a virtual computer to protect your actual operating system or set up an entirely separate computer to do image searching (or other risky web browsing).

Oh, and if by "some programming background" you mean it's my major and I'm currently doing programming for IBM, then yes. ;) I'm three years through my Computer Science degree at Oregon State University and am currently on an internship at IBM. Before coming to OSU I had been doing web design for about 4 years and taught myself PHP. I have been very interested in internet security and just picked up the book "Pro PHP Security" today which talks about cross-site scripting, SQL injection, session hijacking, user authorization/authentication, and other key web security concepts. So far I'm only through chapter one.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Actually there was previously an artifact of legacy code in Windoze wherein a picture file could actually run a scripst just by being rendered on your computer. Even if it was just through your Explorer. A real big deal a little while ago, MS even went off their Patch Tuesday schedule to release a fix. So there's your example ;-)
But seriously there are plenty of other ways they can exploit your computer when searching random sites. One thing I would recommend is using a dedicated image site, like imagebank or something. They might have some stuff.