Side view mirror shakes when driving

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
My side view mirror on the drivers side door shakes like crazy when I drive. Do i have to replace the whole assembly or is there a part inside the side view mirror i can replace to keep the mirror from shaking? I tried to search to see if i could find the solution but the only thing that came up were euro mirrors for sale :(

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
I just checked the screw at the bottom and it only turned about 1/4 of a turn. Ill take it out for a spin and let you know. Thanks for the tip ValgeKotkas and Ckanderson

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
suprajjang said:
I just checked the screw at the bottom and it only turned about 1/4 of a turn. Ill take it out for a spin and let you know. Thanks for the tip ValgeKotkas and Ckanderson

i've found even a 1/4 turn is enough to make it stop vibrating. at least it worked for me.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
:cry: mine still shakes when i drive :( not as much as before but still does. I guess something inside is broken

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Did you tighten the housing mounting screws? There are three screws behind the little triangle trim piece. I found that the screw towards the front of the car was stripped out...I fixed it by using a slightly larger wood screw...hasn't vibrated since. :)

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
johnathan1 said:
Did you tighten the housing mounting screws? There are three screws behind the little triangle trim piece. I found that the screw towards the front of the car was stripped out...I fixed it by using a slightly larger wood screw...hasn't vibrated since. :)
just tightened these up. will see if it fixed it in a couple minutes :)

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
Mine did that. There was a plastic piece cracked. I glued it together and put a bigger screw in there and it never shook again. I had to take the mirror off though.

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
suprajjang said:
mine still shakes :( oh well i guess ill take it apart tommorrow

Based on the problem in this thread, as well as the wind noise issue in your other thread... have you checked the seal under the mirror itself to the car? If that is missing or bad you'll not only get the mirror vibration but the wind noise as well. Ask me how I know! :biglaugh:

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
My mirrors shake too even when the radio is up, just the glass not the housing. I never minded, all my motorcycles have the same issue so it kinda reminds me of riding lol.

thesupe87

ArenaCreative.com
Jun 13, 2005
USA
www.arenacreative.com
I just get used to all of the shakes and rattles...it gets annoying, but I just pump up the bass and listen to it all rattle even more :) I guess the noises just come with the "20-yr-old car" territory.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
iwannadie said:
My mirrors shake too even when the radio is up,

:aigo: .........couldn't help myself.............:biglaugh:

Can I use these tips that were meant for Suprajang, or do I need to start another thread and have someone offer me the same suggestions?

Just kidding, but my drivers side mirror does shake a little bit. I'll see if any of my screws are loose............:biglaugh: