Should I worry about my Walbro?

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
I installed it about a year ago and haven't had any problems with it. It's the standard gss341. I'm only worried because of how I installed it. See the thousand word pic.

I did realize what I was doing and did some "testing". It seemed like it would take a pretty major impact to dislodge the pump from it's "footing" and even then the output line seemed like it would be able to hold the pump in place fairly well.

Maybe I'm just looking for something to worry about since I haven't had any engine issues for a year and a half. :ugh:

Attachments

• walbroicmockup-0038X6.jpg
    walbroicmockup-0038X6.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 55

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Boostedstr8six said:
Shrink tubing = Why?

Thanks for the reassurance though.

Ehh...just a little extra protection around the connectors.....if I were to do it again I would solder them and Zip-tie the pump to the leg, but I haven't had any problems. Just like to be more on the safe side.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
Cool. Yeah, I guess just it's just one of those "coulda-shoulda" deals. I worry about everything I touch and expect the worst(and I'm still alive ;)). Blame it on the USAF+my brain. :beer:

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I did mine with soldering and shrink tubing as well. I also zip tyed mine to the frame to hold it in place. Works great so far!