should i weld the differencial?

toyo prformnce

May 13, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
a buddy of mine has a 240sx and he welded the LSD in the rear end. so everytime he goes around a corner cops and other people look over at him.....i know its not a good idea to do this but how bad can it be?

is it really a bad idea to just weld the rearend of my supra?

anything would be appreciated...

beau

bowtiebuba

stangs hate supras
Sep 1, 2005
marion iowa
welding it on a supra would be the same as any other car i guess, im welding the rear end in my caprice but its a "drag car" even though its not that fast its built for the drag strip, as long as you weld them good you should be fine cus if they break your geting a whole new rear end

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
DON'T....you will overstress the joints and axles. Then...something will break. But...if you have lots of $$$ to burn, go ahead. Tires won't last very long !!

I welded up the spider gears inside a ford 4x4 once, front & rear. It was a mud pulling contest truck. Only used in dirt & mud, so it did not matter. It did not break anything because the mud & dirt allowed the tires to slip when turning the truck.

What a pulling beast it was !!!

PS...this is a question...and should be in the 'qeneral' section.

Last edited:

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
you can, just have a seperate pumpkin around for when this one blows up. do you have lsd? if so, just get fluid that doesnt come w/ the slip additive. that'll work just as good, and wont harm nearly as much.

grim129

boost freak!!
Dec 8, 2005
OR :)
i got a GXl rx7 that had a weld differential and i will tell you this now "understeer"

Dont do it man get a 2.0 lsd someing lol