Should I use Copper Spray on Metal Gasket?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
I will be taking off my turbo, once I get everything put together I will be Reusing the metal gaskset that goes in between the turbo and the manifold, same goes for the Downpipe Metal Gasket. Should I use Copper Spray on them? And incase I do spray some copper spray on them. Will I be able to reuse the Gaskets again in the future? How would that work? Would I just clean them?

Thanks

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
if your reusing the gaskets, i believe you can you use the copper spray on them, if there New gaskets then no spray. correct me if i m wrong people.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Guys, he's not talking about the head gasket. Reading comprehension owns you. ;)

IMO there's no need for copper spray on the turbo gaskets - they don't need the same level of seal as the cylinders, not by a long shot.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Okay great. But just for shits N giggles, let's say I do use the Copper Spray on them. Would I be able to Reuse the Gasket in the future? (Since I had sprayed Copper sray on the them before.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The gaskets are cheap and most speed shops have them. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to reuse them because the copper spray is to help seal. You can scrap the metal gasket clean if you want to reuse a next time.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
GrimJack;1540738 said:
Shouldn't be a problem. I've cleaned copper spray off before... wasn't the easiest thing to get off, but it is by no means the toughest thing I've done...

Great! Thanks for the Help guys.