should I sell it for 1,500?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Alex91Mk3;1958617 said:
He texted "Ok im just confirming. I am taking the car. Im coming to get it tomorow night. So consider it sold" then "So dont advertise it anymore. Its mine ok ?" Said he'll be here Wednesday with a tow truck. But insisted on PayPal. Any reason why that is?

This is the second time you've asked about the paypal payment. He doesn't have the money. He wants to pay by credit card. Have you ever sold something to somebody and accepted payment by paypal only to have them claim a dispute and try to get their money back? And they you're only covered up to $700 if you win the dispute and get your money. Dealing with a scammer trying to dispute sucks ass. Do not take paypal for payment. Do not take paypal for payment. Do not take paypal for payment.
If this clown really wants this car then he'll get a cash advance from is credit card and bring cash to you. Text him back and tell him "Cash Only" and watch his response. He going to try to convince you that's it's safe, you can trust him, he buys cars like this all the time, blah blah blah. If he doesn't want to buy it move along.
Don't be desperate to sell it, and DO NOT trust ANYBODY!! Hell, you couldn't trust your father in law. Don't let it happen again with a stranger. Somehow I get a feeling you're going to accept his paypal payment anyway. Good luck.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Do not accept paypal...

If he is coming to you then what is the point of doing paypal? paypal is intended for transactions between people who can not meet face to face. You are only protected via paypal if the transaction is through ebay...NOT Cragislist...

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
There are also a lot of scammers that are "buying" cars off of craigslist. The use someone elses account, and have someone come pick it up on a tow truck and drag it home. Then the person that owns the paypal account gets screwed, and you will also get screwed.

Good luck on the sell. As we are all saying, do a cash only sale...

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
Hell I have bought my last 3 parts cars on Craigslist using PayPal. It is the safest way to go meet someone without having cash in my pocket to be jacked of. If I like what I see I send a payment on site with my phone.. As a gift so it's the same as cash. I would never show up at someone's house with them knowing 1500$ cash in my pocket... Unless it was a friend or relative. Yes it is instant, do not release the car without confirming that the cash has been transferred to your Paypal and do not let it sit in your Paypal... Transfer it to your bank immediately. Don't sign the title or let he car be loaded until you have done this

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
If you do decide on using paypal, make sure you get a legitimate email from paypal. An easy way to confirm its legit is the email will start off with "dear (your name)", the fake ones start off with "dear (your email). Ask me how i know.

Theres several ways that a scammer can use paypal to screw you. The above method is one of them, Using someone elses paypal is another, and then of course you giving them your email gives them acess to yours with enough of your personal info.

Last edited:

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
If you do use PayPal only accept the money as a gift... This eliminates any disputes via PayPal it also disables bill me later and credit cards.

I have a completely separate email account for my Paypal. , I only use it for PayPal. Worrying about someone having an email address is like worrying about someone having your license plate info... It's pretty much public info anyway.