Shine up Taillight Covers

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha^nice slogan. back to the taillights, meguiars makes the plastic polish that works great, its called plastx. i think you can find it at walmart if i remember.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
ill stop by autozone tommorrow and see if they got some plastic. you sure that meguiars stuff is good? cuz i bought aluminum wheel polish from them and it wasnt great.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
xarewhyayen said:
Will=Begging for the attention of the police :biglaugh: Got bacon?

lol,, no, way man, well. maybe I was begging for the attention a few years ago, but that an old pic an the vinyl is taken off....

Will

DyslexicSquirrel

Busy Member
Mar 9, 2006
San Marcos, TX
I bought some of that PlastX a while back and forgot about it... just found it and I'm gonna go to town with my dremel, PlastX, and back2black.

How does the PlastX work, does it fill in or is it a mild abrasive or what?

DyslexicSquirrel

Busy Member
Mar 9, 2006
San Marcos, TX
Ya... I was planning to do it your way on my other tailight and compare to the halfass one that I just did. It actually turned out pretty damn good. I didn't do any sanding or anything, I just applied the PlastX with a microfiber wax circular applicator pad for like one minute at a time and then just buffed it out real good and just repeated that process like 5 times. It came out looking like a scratched mirror polish. It didn't take out the little scratches, but I didn't really expect it to. Really shiney though! I will take a lot more time on the other one tomorrow and update ya'll.

N

NDBoost

take lots of pics because if you rbuffing process works ill be doing it for myself..

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
willfish said:
lol,, no, way man, well. maybe I was begging for the attention a few years ago, but that an old pic an the vinyl is taken off....

Will

aha! i know there was someone on here with those taillights! i had no idea it was you!

werent those like $1k or so on takakaira.com?

i remember seing pics of that car when it left the paint shop on the pre hack SM board! :icon_bigg