shima's build thread

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
haha.. nice man.. i just tinted my outer lightsjust like how u had it before.. i didnt tint the ones around the plate because someone tried to break into the car andmade a big whole in the light:3d_frown: .. i also noticed that on ur forza cover u have an Aston while on the american ones its a 350Z .. thats pretty neat.. did that turbo u have next to it have internal WG?

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
nope gotta get external for that one but not to bad. i intend to have it on shortly. hehe yea was on forza untill the dreaded day my xbox blew its hg hahaha. stupid thing

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
so this weekend not much been happening just a lot of ordering :) i got some IC piping

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also ordered my harnesses 4 point SRS jobbys there on there way from italy so could take a week or 2 haha but not complaining.

got some number plates on her

also gave her a nice wash.

here she is as she stands :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

more updates by this weekend :) woop woop.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Oki little updates.

i Got my harnesses and there installed very sexy i must admit and i also installed my turbo timer which works perfect :) woop woop.

i'v not got any pictures of these yet i'll have to get some shortly.

but the biggest thing over the past few days was getting the front mount in. had to buy a new silicone hose kit as the one provided with the intercooler piping was absolutely crap.

this is half way through the installation with the piping all test fitted and the intercooler strapped in. as you can see on the floor i was yet to relocate my oil cooler and washer bottle haah.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

after a lot of hassle and poking i got it installed. in the end relocated the oil cooled behind the intercooler and made some custom brackets for that. then i found my washer bottle wouldnt fit so i replaced it with a spare civic one i had lying around since there tiny.

here's the intercooler sitting nicely

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i'll prob get more pictures at some point showing all the locating and piping but these are just random ones i took and waht can i say. work is slow today so though't i'd update :D

haha

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
As promised pictures of the harnesses and the turbo timer etc. just random things really

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
wel where to start i got a new started motor and new rear brake calipers got some new silicone all samco now :) then took the car out to the dyno ;)

i can say i'm very happy with the results for the ammount of work done. i got 303bhp - 356 lb-ft torque.

heres a vid and pics :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqDK-ufUNU

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Can you tell i'v got her back on the road? haha after the dyno run i thought today was a nice day to take her for a little bit of some photo shootage. unfortuantly my camera sucks so the quality is poor. (really should buy a SLR camera)

but here is the final product. hope you enjoy.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I did take a load more but the quality was extremely poor for instance

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Cheers on the contributions made in this build thread. There will be plenty more to come :) soon