Shifter bushing

supraman420

Jetta time
Aug 16, 2005
Chicago
I was wondering if anyone sells a shifter bushing replacement. When I did a trans flush my bushing was pretty toasted, so I completely removed it. If you guys know where I can just get the bushing, that would be great.
Thanks,
Justin

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
my girlfriends dad works in a factory that builds aircraft parts. im looking into getting him to build a few for me that will stand up to a lil more abuse than the plastic ones.

robeats91t

237lbs. of Ballast
Jun 4, 2005
Tampa, FL
I got the shifter socket and the shifter bushing from Marlin Crawler, and I agree with Wingman to an extent...

The shifter bushing is waay too tight, and since it's made from delrin it doesn't bend into shape. I had to cut mine in two with a razor blade just to get it to fit, and even then it binds too much.

The Toyota green bushing is great, but it seems to me that they get sloppy rather quickly--at least with the sogi mod. I've replaced the green bushing twice in the last 60k miles...

If the Marlin Crawler bushing replacement is the only option, I'll probably tinker around with it some more, because it wasn't expensive at all...$10 for the shift lever bushing, and $6 for the shifter socket bushing.

Anyone know of any better solutions?

thedarcsage

R154 Mkiv
Nov 25, 2006
San Francisco, California
bump on the last question if anyone has any up-to-date recommendations? for the R154

1) toyota green bushing

green gasket
33505-35020

white bushing
33548-31010

2) marlin crawler that needs some tinkering to fit

MC-10077

and MC-10078

(i love this site cuz it has the Search function!! unlike supraforums.com ...heh)

3) ?

Last edited: