Shifter bushing help!

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
I have purchased the new poly bushings from marlin crawler, and im having trouble removing the two posts that engage the shifter ball. How can you get these out? I have tried pliers and a hammer and the wont budge... I have to move them so i can get the lower bushing in.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
ummmm thus pins are not ment to come out soooooo ummmm don't do that again

some people cut it to slip it in some force it in

stock works great for me thou after 10 yeasr all reaplce it agian

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Those pins are meant to stay there, and the seat/green truck bushing is meant to pivot around em.

Also, if you're worried about breaking the bushing on the end of the shifter when you're tryin to replace it, don't be. It'll pop on there once and it's not comin off until your tranny eats it again a few years down the road.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
I got the bushing on the end of the shaft to go on no problem... Its the seat or w/e it is i couldn't get to go past the pins... I ended up shattering the poly seat bushing thing... Oh well no bigger, stock rubber will do. It seems like it would have been a smooth and very nice bushing, i just dont see how it would have ever fit...

Dracov

Base model n00b
Oct 21, 2006
Broomfield, CO
RTFM moment? Marlin Crawler themselves tell you to set it upside down on those pins, then rotate the bushing around them for it to settle in place. That's why those notches are cut into it in the first place.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
Wow, this is why you should at least momentarily glance at the instructions. Mine went in with no problems, took all of a minute to get the actual bushings in.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Ok, I retract my statement, I will comment.

You marred the gasket surface (gear oil smells great), probably bent the pins (shifter isn't gonna be smooth...until it wears in finally and then gets loose), maybe sent metal into your tranny, and managed to break the new seat. I don't really wanna know how you go the cup actually in the tranny, did you use the BFH for that aswell?

You know the stereotype about guys not reading the instructions?