She's going to the dyno so its time for a guessing game!! :D

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Poboy69;1564031 said:
Poboy69 - She will break!

Now now...we've had enough hatred on this topic already. Numbers only please. :)

whitemike;1564043 said:
Kenny, I'm very upset with you for causing such anticipation. If you don't dyno your car soon I'm gonna cry, hard..

C'mon Mike....you know I would never let you down. I do have a box of tissue just in case though... ;)

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
is that risky yes? has it been done many times before with the ability to properly control the timing, yes.

But im in the same boat with yo tho bro, not worth the extra 2 or 3 lbs of boost for that extra 30hp. Its always shooting for that extra 30hp that blows shyt up lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yep...yep... All is good and she's in one piece. I determined two things before I went.

1. I wasn't going over 17psi.

2. I was stopping at the very first sign of a problem.

As the pulls progressed, my Torque Data started to break up. I thought the break up was either ignition or fuel so I added 5 psi of fuel pressure. That got me an extra 5 hp and 5 tq.; but, a substantial dip in tq occurred around 5k rpm. That's where I stopped. No sense in breaking something...

So, what I will do since I didn't reach my stated psi goal is subract 15 hp/tq from everyone's figure to determine the winner. :D

Below are the data graphs along with my Maft-Pro data.

1st Pull:

p1566116_1.jpg

p1566116_2.png

Last Pull:

p1566116_3.jpg

p1566116_4.png

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Could be. They are brand new BCPR7ES's gapped at .028.

I was thinking fuel and when I upped the pressure 5 psi I got a significant gain.

Something changed though because if you look at my timing traces between the first and last, they are VERY different.

I don't know...I got scared and decided to call it a day. :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CajunKenny;1566127 said:
Could be. They are brand new BCPR7ES's gapped at .028.

I was thinking fuel and when I upped the pressure 5 psi I got a significant gain.

Something changed though because if you look at my timing traces between the first and last, they are VERY different.

I don't know...I got scared and decided to call it a day. :)

28 is pretty big once you start getting up in power, normally you'd add some advance around there to drop cylinder pressures and get rid of the blowout, adding some fuel may have had the same effect.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I'm working on getting the Maft's Timing Control hooked up.

In the meantime and considering my setup, what gap would you recommend.....026?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If you're going above 16psi I'd be looking at 22>24, it gets hard to keep them lit at high cylinder pressures, if you have adjustable cam pullies you can close the lobe centres a little to bleed off some pressure.