Shakey ride

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Here's thread two of my "I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my car" series.

I got my car running recently and when I started it up it had a rough idle. I let it warm up a little bit and backed it up and it shakes while in reverse. It will also shake when it is in drive. I don't really know how to explain it but its just like it shakes back and forth, not too too violently but noticeable. Any ideas? It is also running fairly rich as well.

Hotrod705

Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, Az
I've had this happen on another car but not a supra. Make sure the tranny mounting bolts and driveshaft bolts are tight. If they are loose or missing it causes everything to be out of balance and will have a shimmy as you drive.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
I checked my timing and it is good, I also checked the tranny mounting bolts and the driveshaft bolts. Still shakey. It also has a slightly rough idle if that helps.

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
That happend to me, I would check your plugs because you might not be running on all your cylinders.

JBatt87T

Apr 28, 2005
Athens, GA
Still having this problem. I am also running pretty lean. This all started when I took off the big turbo and put back on teh stocker. I am thinking it may be from an unsealed oil drain fitting at the block. Is that even possible for it to cause this?