setting throttle afc neo

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
my throttle is not getting any voltage, i wired it up properly but still nothing. i took the car for a drive around the block and all of a sudden the voltage was at a constant 5.0, then suddenly dropped bak to 0 after i cut off the car and restarted it. anyways the afc tells me not to step on the throttle then tells to to fully depress it..when i do so and start it, and move to the moniter section the throttle is at 100%

its wierd and i still get no throttle reading when i press the gas..it juss stays at 100% unless i reset it. also i have 440cc injectors and my car is idling at about 11.2-11.5 A/F ratio, at about 500rpm. when i try to minus fuel at 1krpm on the neo nothing happens it stays the same, even when i went all the way to -50..i wired it up just like the manuel said, power, ground, throttle, rpm, pressure in, pressure out..does the pressure control the injectors? please help.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

ohhh and BTW when the car is idling i unplug the TPS and it still reads 100% throttle, and nothing happens...could my tps be bad? maybe thats why its not reading my throttle properly..someone chime in please

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
its just not wired in right its like you have the neo output wired to the tps signal instead of the ECU pressure sensing input.

The best way to qualify a TPS is to measure the wipper resistance while everything is disconnected to it move the throttle cable or plate make sure as you move it slowly your resistance varys smoothly if it jumps and feels chewed up when moving the throttle with no load on it then the TPS is bad.

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
i just checked it over its wierd. i have the output and inut pressure signal wired correctly. for the throttle its only one gray wire that u have to splice in. and i did that! idk why its not reading :(

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The throttle singal just dont jump from 0 to 5 volts unless your snapping the plate with no half way settings or not slowly cycling through.

There is one last thing it could be.
You connected the your neo to the IDLE SWITCH instead of the TPS POSITION SIGNAL.
Make sense? in idle you have 5 volts anything other then idle haves 0

I think the idle switch is the yellow blue wire(the one your neo is prob hooked up to wrong).
I think the +5vdc is the Blue Black wire.
I think the 0vdc ground is brown.
I think the signal wire is white red (thats the one i think goes to the neo)

Ask others to be sure I know for my standalone i measured all 4 wires the one that comes on or off is the idle switch
the pair of wires that have a fixed resistance is the +5vdc & 0vdc the wire that chages resistance slowly as you change the throttle is the signal wire.
Get this thing running you should be enjoying it by now.