Serpentine Belt Issues after A/C removal

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
I took my A/C out the first day I got my 1JZ.

Ever since then I've seen my belt jump over the P/S pump once for the last year (lots ot AutoX and a few track days).
This year with a 1.5JZ and the stupidly designed IMO ATI pulley the belt would randomly jump over after a 20-30min of super hard tracking.

It seems that the lost mounting point (to the A/C compressor) causes the P/S to angle just enough to get the belt out and the toll truck on the track... anyone knows of any aftermarket brackets designed to solve the issue?

I would usually just reinstall the belt and keep on driving ,but on my last event the alternator almost killed the belt and I bearly made it home:

Belt.jpg

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
are you using DM pulleys with the ati pulley?? what belt did you use??

is the regular sized non-ac belt or is it different b/c the ati dampener is bigger than the stock pulley

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
slideways2004;1412643 said:
are you using DM pulleys with the ati pulley?? what belt did you use??

is the regular sized non-ac belt or is it different b/c the ati dampener is bigger than the stock pulley

Yes I do use ebay/DM al pulleys ,the waterpump pulley is 7pk but the belt never moves there - it tends to jump over on the P/S pulley...

The belt is 6PK1920. There are 3 marks on the tensioner and I try to choose my belt so that I keep it around the middle mark.