seems to good to be ture

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
now a friend knows i like supras and i own my own 89t that my parents have owned since it came out and he spotted a add in the paper which i believe was a pa news paper if not, nj, but the person left a email and a small picture of a 94 supra, six speed turbo and this is the email i got back:

Hello,
Sorry for mailing you so late!
I'm glad that you're interested in my car. The car is street legal and accurate. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time. I am willing to sell it for $4800 .This buy now price does include the shipping and insurance fees. I'm located in Billings, MT and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from. I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Hemisphere cargo Shipping Ltd which takes between 4 to 6 days to arrive at your door (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included). I am affiliated with Yahoo! Finance where I have a purchase protection account for $ 10,000.00. This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo! Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements. If this is ok with you please reply with your complete name, address and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and move forward with this deal.
Thank you,

mail

tell me what you guys think lol because i was like whoa now that car should go for way more then $4800 but i was like hey maybe this person doesn't know about the car, but then there is a few non stock body parts on the car so i don't know but i would like to have both if this was a legit deal

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
the picture did not work in my first post so here is what the car looks like

Attachments

• 94supra.jpg
    94supra.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 41

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
IJ.;1046062 said:

ha i figured since its such a low price, i was like if that is true i would scoop that car up so fast

strange that it was in the paper, so i was like hmm maybe this is real but come on now the price is so low considering

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
For $4800 free I'd guess he'd get the pic ;)

NO ONE is going to sell a Mk4TT for that and as for "maybe this person doesn't know about the car" that's what he wants you to think......

SCAM
just in case you missed it

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
oh i know about the cars price range ive seen some in worse condition go for three times 4800

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i also mentioned that i would like to arrange a time and place to see the car and maybe go for a test drive but nothing was said about that when this person responded to me, just that the person could ship it to my door

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
WOOOOOTTT!!!!!!

He just sent me a return email informing me that if I wired him $5500.00 instead of the $5200.00, that he guaranteed to have it at my door in three days instead of five to six. I should be driving this baby by this weekend..............:eek3dance

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
maybe its missing a drivetrain, brakes, interior, and wiring harness for the chassis..........or it's a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
that TRD hood is alone worth more than 4800. and that yahoo finance thing has been coming up in alot of car scams lately. is it legit or what? a buddy found a 67 vette fully restored with immaculate body, interior and a new engine shipped from NY to alberta for 3300$ and they quoted that yahoo finace.

sorry for the side note. but scam for sure