Seems simple enough but its giving me a hard time (No brake pressure)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Brake issue SOLVED.... It was a bad master cylinder, after many "rebuilt" units, its finally fixed with a USED master out of a 91-92... its a damn shame that they can not properly rebuild these things. They are so simple. I'll rebuild this one if it ever goes.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Is there a way to bleed out air that may be trapped in the ABS module? I left my rear brake lines open for a couple of days because I didn't know any better. I have replaced all brakes completely (BBK up front) and bled each one till clear fluid ran out. But I have been told that bc I left lines open, air inevitably has traveled to the ABS module. Pedal was pretty firm after bleeding was completed but after driving definitely mushy for first part of travel. I figured since you have gone through all of your trouble recently with brakes you may know of how to get air out of anywhere!

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
nctexan;1729462 said:
Is there a way to bleed out air that may be trapped in the ABS module? I left my rear brake lines open for a couple of days because I didn't know any better. I have replaced all brakes completely (BBK up front) and bled each one till clear fluid ran out. But I have been told that bc I left lines open, air inevitably has traveled to the ABS module. Pedal was pretty firm after bleeding was completed but after driving definitely mushy for first part of travel. I figured since you have gone through all of your trouble recently with brakes you may know of how to get air out of anywhere!

You may have to bench bleed your master if the air traveled to the master.

Once you bench bleed what i did was open the right rear caliper, put a line on the bleeder with it open and put the end of the line into a big bottle of brake fluid. I disconnected the line from the master cylinder and hooked up my vacuum bleeder and sucked the fluid from the bottle thru the brake line to the front. It was done in a matter of 1 minute. I then hooked up the line and pumped the master (after it was already bench bled) had a friend hold the pedal and check for air. I test drove for a while then checked again. No air.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you dont bench bleed its just going to take longer to actually get all the air out.

For the abs, it remains in the open position so if you bleed the brakes like normally it will get the air out. IF you have a spongy pedal feel you have air in the lines.

toytech

Toyota certifed
Feb 10, 2009
Frankton,Indiana
Brakes bias to the front only = pedal half travel
Check ball safety feature in case of rear or rear hydraulic failure
Ball can become stuck to one side

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Tsrm hydraulic circuit

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Typo (front or rear hydraulic failure)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
toytech;1729727 said:
Brakes bias to the front only = pedal half travel
Check ball safety feature in case of rear or rear hydraulic failure
Ball can become stuck to one side

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Tsrm hydraulic circuit

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Typo (front or rear hydraulic failure)

It was fixed already. It was a bad master cylinder.