seat removal HELP

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I have a bit of a problem......... I'm striping my parts car and can't get at the drivers seat bolts because the seats to far forward. The car has no power because theirs no motor or wiring. Any ideas!!!!!!!!!! :icon_evil

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Find the wires that go to the seat and connect them to a 12v battery and it should work fine. If it's being parted anyways, it's not going to hurt to cut the wires.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
I'm using the seats so I don't won't to cut it. The car has been siting for like 5.5 years and the passenger seat was a bitch. I had to use a pipe. O'well guess I'll just have to use a wrench and a can of pb blaster

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
a good 14mm box end wrench will do it. i had the exact same problem when i parted out my crashed car. no power to the seat. use the box end on the bolt then use a 17mm box end on the openside for more leverage. that how i did it. worked in no time.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
That will work but for some reason the seat is all the way forewords!!!!!!!!! not alot of room, I'll deal with it.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Theres no wiring in the car except in the dash. Frame, struts, wheels, rug, dash, doors, hatch, and that one damb seat. Thats it!!!!!!!!!

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
ok so you are going to go to the right rear of the drivers seat and there is going to be a three piece plug with a blue and white wire side by side. your going to unplug it (you may have to rip the one part down from the bottom of the seat, its only a plastic clip) then you need to take some speaker wire and put some plug ends on one side and strip the other side. plug the two wires into the side by side ones (blue and white). with the are striped end you are going to take a car battery or battery from a drill and touch the blue to + and the white to -. this will get your seat to move

note: i believe to controls were backwards, foreward was back... i may have just turned the wires around but it did work

p1130827_1.jpg

p1130827_2.jpg

GOOD LUCK