screw appears to be missing. HELP!

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
vehicle is a 87t 5spd.

i've got a high idle (about 1k). i was tracing the vacuum lines to rule them out one way or the other and noticed 2 open holes on the throttle body (vacuum lines appear to be fine). if u put your head between the firewall and the intake manifold/throttle body/3000 pipe area and look at the side of the throttle body u will notice what i am talking about. one hole is fairly big and appears to be threaded for a screw the other hole is fairly small and just below the first mentioned hole. these holes are located on the side of the TB behind the coupler going to the 3000 pipe near the throttle linkage.

what i need to know is should there be a screw or anything in that bigger hole? what about the smaller one? i can't remember if there was ever anything there. if anyone could posts pics of that area too that would be great. if a screw or something is needed where to get it is the next question. i was already thinking about hitting the junk yards/salvage yards. dealer, local auto store (autozone, napa, etc.)? below are a couple pics for reference...one closer up and the other a little further away. please excuse the kinda shitty pics as i had to use the camera phone seeing how the digi cam's batteries are dead.

thanks

closer up...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

further away...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
^^^ Used to secure the bracket for the line pressure up cable on an auto tranny.

I donno...maybe there is a screw missing...somewhere ;)
(don't think it's on the TB though)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
:biglaugh:

JJ, you should put your write-up from MkIII Tech in the TCCS section and just point guys at it...I'd point guys at it too ;)