Scion radio installed, pics of custom startup ect

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
I love my new toyota head unit, the under seat factory amp is now unplugged and not in use, I added a 560 watts rms kenwood running thru a ten inch bazooka tube rated for 500 watts RMS. The sound quality is amazing. Great for metal! also good for rap but wow the difference is remarkable, total cost way less than 300 bucks...:icon_biggSDC10186..jpgSDC10182..jpgSDC10183..jpg

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
That's a quality piece. What did you have to do to get the scion radio to install perfectly as if that's OEM setup? And what's the cost to get one of those?

SupraRon;1616842 said:
Don't suppose this will allow for the use of an iPod?

Nice! Here's mine:
p1618073_1.jpg

It does have iPod connectivity

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
I did a little search and the scion is an 04-07. Make sure it has the round knob in the middle. There is another that does not have the round knob in the middle and there are just silver buttons. SOOOOO is it plug and play 91TURBOSILVER?????? I jUST found some for 50 dollars...

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
Yes Sir! Plug and play it is. Just unplug your factory amp and plug in your new head unit. The T1808 is awesome, but any scion radio will work. Snipping is required and some light sanding to get the scion logo off :)

pablo94sc

Dec 16, 2009
TN
91TurboSilver - I've got an auto and the gear selector seems like it'd be in the way. What's your experience with trying to tune/change tracks when you're in 1st, 3rd, or 5th?

BTW, did you have to do much trimming to the center trim piece? It looks fantastic/factory if you did!

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
Thanks! Some light trimming was required to get the fit just right but was 98% on the back side of the factory trim, I used bull nosed pliers and a razor blade. I unplugged the underseat amp because, the new scion headunit has its own built in amp and sounds way better. Kinda going LED crazy, dash lighting is coming up right after the tailights are done. No issues getting to the knobs, but in order to connect your ipod u have to buy a 20 dollar cord from ebay. I really like the audio enhancement feature for mp3's this unit has, its really excellent for restoring sound quality to downloaded songs.