school

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
right now im taking 3 classes at community college and so far i have been dragging my ass. i have no motivation whatsoever to go to class or do the homework. i was originally planing of doing 2 years of college and then go to wyotech but im thinking of ditching the college part. the weird schedule i have now is seriously affecting work. i went from 35-40 hours a week to 10-20. two guys are quiting next week and that could be hours and the position i could be getting.

my mom is very serious about my classes and the only reason i dont pay rent is because i go to school.... uh. what should i do?

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
well in this case since you are not paying rent uhmm if was in you i will continue to pursue a carreer rather than just be a non educated fool. I been in you position once in my life and dude i choose work over college.I wish i could just go back in time and finish school.
1- A career will last you forever and will get you more money than some one with no skills
2- choose work and you will have money almost instantly but the job aint gonna last forever for the above reason

3- focus on school dude be wise and dont fuck up. Think of your future

just my 2 cents thought

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
nightrider760;1409067 said:
well in this case since you are not paying rent uhmm if was in you i will continue to pursue a carreer rather than just be a non educated fool. I been in you position once in my life and dude i choose work over college.I wish i could just go back in time and finish school.
1- A career will last you forever and will get you more money than some one with no skills
2- choose work and you will have money almost instantly but the job aint gonna last forever for the above reason

3- focus on school dude be wise and dont fuck up. Think of your future

just my 2 cents thought

This

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have an easy fix, but Your social life will suffer. Go to work full time, and take classes. You can do a full load on saturday, take night classes, or a mix of both. I am currently doing this, and though it does suck, I have 80+ hours of my BA done and earn a full check while maintaning a 3.87 GPA.

Sometimes class scheduling will give you issues, but thats where you fill in with electives to keep your hours up if you have to do a full load for whatever reason.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Yeah... I wouldn't drop out of school to pick up a crappy job.... You're gonna have to pay for those classes anyway, why not put some effort into it?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I'm with everyone, bust your ass now and work and go to school, get your education, and make a career you want with your education. Education is a very important thing. You're very young and now is the best time to learn since it's easier to do at your age. If you wait a few years, it will be harder. Going to school has taught me many valuable things, including the time value of money. By getting your education now instead of waiting 10 years from now, you will make a ton more money over your life span. Trust me and everyone else when we say that you need to get your education. Looking back I wish I had taken more college classes in the Marine Corps than I did.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
if your expenses are covered, stay in school.

take a few hours out of one day each week to just completely fuck off, burn off steam, then get back to work and study.

I have basically no social life. what I do now is load my horse onto a trailer and go jackpot barrel racing every thursday night. rest of the week goes to school and work (actually, right now I'm a job hunting, so rather than school and work, i do school and job applications. It will change soon).

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
Easy solution, don't be the 30+ guy in the club trying to be Chris Brown when he's more like Keith Sweat.

Get educated. Lots of people who don't have anything will hold you down by telling you that you think you're better than them. What's so bad about that?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Unless you have some kind of extraodinary talent that's a must have in today's market then you'd better get some kind of schooling done. Like everybody is saying, bust your ass now or for the rest of your life. Work smart not hard.

I wish I had he opportunity to stay home and go to school. My advice is to take night and weekend classes. Most of the instructors understand that most of his students have daytime jobs. They're more lenient with assignments being due, and make it easier for his students. Most of the students are in their late 20's early 30's trying to go back to school because they didn't finish school when they were allowed to stay home rent free. They've been at their jobs and now have hit that glass ceiliing. They'll need some kind of degree to get that promotion.

Besides there are some beautiful women that go to night classes that are frustrated and stressed out because of having to work and go to school to get ahead. They need some kind of stress relieving. :naughty: I remember those "study group" days.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
i guess i didnt say it clearly. i have two educational goals.

my plan is
~2 years CC
wyotech for ASE right after CC

what i was thinking was just jumping into wyotech now.... not ditching it all together.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
I am working 35 Hours a week and a full time student (night classes). It has taken me two years to complete my transfer requirements. I am now on my way to a great university. It has been a rough path but I still had some free time on the weekends to hang out and work on the car. It's not hard but it will require some motivation and the definitely a lot of dedication.

btw how old are you??

stay in school!!!

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
mecevans;1409365 said:
i guess i didnt say it clearly. i have two educational goals.

my plan is
~2 years CC
wyotech for ASE right after CC

what i was thinking was just jumping into wyotech now.... not ditching it all together.

LOL.

Wyotech is a joke.