sc430

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
So I was kinda thinking in a couple of years when I'm out of school and have money I might want an sc430. then SURPRISE! supra!

[video=youtube;K6-G5zGXQHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6-G5zGXQHk[/video]

jfreeman

3.0 7MGE
Sep 29, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Have you looked at SC300's? They are quite a bit cheaper than a 430. They run about the same price as the Mk3 supras, but they are a bit more freshen up and less rough around the edges. 2jzgte swap into it and you got a hellaofacar

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
jfreeman;1796715 said:
Have you looked at SC300's? They are quite a bit cheaper than a 430. They run about the same price as the Mk3 supras, but they are a bit more freshen up and less rough around the edges. 2jzgte swap into it and you got a hellaofacar

no I don't want a 300. I like the supra a lot better. I want a 430 because they're super classy. I just think its a really pretty car and it wouldn't really be for racing (thats what the supra is for). convertible hard top ftw

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
kelson;1796822 said:
no I don't want a 300. I like the supra a lot better. I want a 430 because they're super classy. I just think its a really pretty car and it wouldn't really be for racing (thats what the supra is for). convertible hard top ftw
You sir, you might be in the minority of people who think that the 430 looks good. :p

That one in the video isn't bad, but I've always thought they were a step backward for Lexus...

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
te72;1796837 said:
You sir, you might be in the minority of people who think that the 430 looks good. :p

That one in the video isn't bad, but I've always thought they were a step backward for Lexus...

just opinions I guess. I don't think any picture or video really captures the 430 right. seeing them in person is very different. also I don't get the back seats thing either. maybe they're for groceries because it has a shoebox for a trunk.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
te72;1796837 said:

just opinions I guess. I don't think any picture or video really captures the 430 right. seeing them in person is very different. also I don't get the back seats thing either. maybe they're for groceries because it has a shoebox for a trunk.

jfreeman

3.0 7MGE
Sep 29, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
@te72, I feel the same way, I never cared for the 430 either.

I have no doubt that it is a nice car, Lexus does do a good with their cars afterall, let us know how nice it really is in a couple years :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
kelson;1797080 said:
That very well could be, as many cars don't look right until you see them in person, but up close, they make perfect sense. Back seats are most likely for tax reasons (Japan thing I believe, might also be insurance related), but I don't see the point. If you're in the market for a new Lexus, you're probably well off enough that taxes or insurance is a minor concern, right?

jfreeman;1797088 said:
@te72, I feel the same way, I never cared for the 430 either.

I have no doubt that it is a nice car, Lexus does do a good with their cars afterall, let us know how nice it really is in a couple years :p
I guess by the posts in this thread so far, you and I might be the minority... I dunno though. I have a Mk3, it's a really nice car. Every drive one stock? They are every bit as well built as any Lexus or Caddy, they hold up well, they're comfortable, etc, etc... Buy two Supras? One for luxury, one for performance? Wait... L-type and P-type for the Mk3 world? :p

jfreeman

3.0 7MGE
Sep 29, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
I couldn't own 2 mk3s personally, I have extreme trust issues with my 7m. lolz. I'm wanting to find a 4cyl beater to take the load of daily driving off the supra haha.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
ForcedTorque;1797415 said:
So what is the name of the video, so I can go watch it on youtube?

BTW........I like the 430 too

search "sc430 twin turbo burn out" or just press the watch on youtube hyperlink that comes up when you press play in this forum.