SC300 Idle Air Control Valve

johnny

Ninja's, Think about it..
Oct 29, 2008
sacramento, ca
I have a 93 2jzge CA model. I have the technical manual for a 93 sc300. In the manual It does not show where the air hose for the idle air control valve on the intake manifold.

Where does the air hose go from the idle air control valve to where?

I think when I ordered the intake manifold for an sc300 I received a manifold for a year that doesn't match my engine & technical manual.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
do you mean the little valve that sits in the Y portion of the manifold? I believe you are referring to the INTAKE air control valve not the idle air control (it confused me at first too, but if you look in the manual again you'll see that there is a difference between the IAC and IACV). This is used for the ACIS system.

I'll take a look on my car in a bit, but im pretty sure the hose routes to the Vacuum Solenoid Valve under the intake manifold. I'll check to find the location though.

johnny

Oct 29, 2008
sacramento, ca
I put a little red dotted line around the tube in question.:1zhelp:

Attachments

• sc300WithIdleAirTubeHighlight.JPG
    sc300WithIdleAirTubeHighlight.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 69

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
ahh srry i thought you meant something else. That tube goes down to a port near injector #2 (from the front) on the intake manifold. It should be a metal tube that sticks straight up from the intake manifold near that point. Lexus defines it as an air hose:dunno:

johnny

Oct 29, 2008
sacramento, ca
StiCk3;1365913 said:
ahh srry i thought you meant something else. That tube goes down to a port near injector #2 (from the front) on the intake manifold. It should be a metal tube that sticks straight up from the intake manifold near that point. Lexus defines it as an air hose:dunno:

Yes thanks for that. Right into the manifold.

johnny

Oct 29, 2008
sacramento, ca
johnny;1377760 said:
Yes thanks for that. Right into the manifold.

Hey I looked on toyodiy.com and I looked at my fuel rail. There is a hole that looks as though a tube should go into, between fuel injectors 2 & 3. Is the hard line you are speaking of go there?
I think it is suppose to go from the hole b/w fuel injector 2 & 3, and the Air Valve from the picture.