SBC - w/ REMOTE TRIGGER... crispics

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Well, for those in the HKS "alphabet SOOP" family... this may be of interest.

(To the rest of 'ya... it's some pictures and captions.:biglaugh: )

p723234_1.jpg

^^^ previously, the SBC's (Scramble Boost Controller) "REMOTE TRIGGER" (TRIG) button was just laying around "loosely" in the VOID next to my HKS "Tower of Power"...

...needed a proper home.

p723234_2.jpg

^^^ I selected a spot just above me in the driver side VISOR mount hole. My visor is removed, for clearance on the Valentine One and Panoramic mirror I use anyway...

I also needed to improve on that "void"... so I chose to "template" a "temporary" fix and prepare it out of 3/16" art foamboard.

p723234_3.jpg

p723234_4.jpg

^^^ I know, the AutoMeter gage (narrowband...:nono: ) is JUST a temporary mount to put SOMETHING in there for now... I had it laying around.

p723234_5.jpg

p723234_6.jpg

^^^ I make some trial "fits"...

p723234_7.jpg

...and perform a CRISPSCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS of whether or not the remote trigger has adequate lead-length for mounting in this location...:icon_surp

p723234_8.jpg

YES!!!

(...hmmmmmmmm... that mounting plastic stock looks EERILY similar to the interior trim of a burgundy supra...)

p723234_9.jpg

Did some cutting and test fitting...

p723234_10.jpg

^^^ VIOLA!!! Easily "TAPPED" with your left hand without looking or making a large motion (from "hand-on-wheel) position... or even from the armrest... very "natural"...

p723234_11.jpg

^^^ The REMOTE button "mimics" the function on the SBC unit, which is GREEN lighting as "default"...

p723234_12.jpg

...but upon pressing the TRIGGER (TRIG) button, converts to RED and an AUDIBLE RAPID "SOFT-BEEP" ALARM alerts for a "preset duration" (controlled by timer) to another "preset % OVERBOOST" that overrides the HKS EVC (Electronic Valve Controller) and manipulates the boost to an ELEVATED THRESHOLD until the alarm expires! NEETO! (In a "BATMOBILE/KNIGHT-RIDER/MILLENIUM FALCON" sort or way...:biglaugh: )

p723234_13.jpg

...the "TRIG" button also illuminates in unison.

-crisp

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
WOW! Was out driving around running some errands. The FAIR is going on this week, and it brings ALL the law enforcement out! My "Beartracker/scanner" unit was SQUAWKING CONSTANTLY... and the Valentine One was a frequent report.

I took a guy for a quick spool with the latest... and then on my return loop, with the weather dropping into the upper 60's... I dialed in the "MANUAL" mode (controlling MAX boost limits) to a "strong-but-conservative" 14psi... a figure I am comfortable leaving it at for regular driving... and set the SBC threshold for between 110-120% over max. The car would hit the 14... be pulling hard... and then I TAP the "TRIG" and it jumps a couple MORE lbs... to 16 for a couple pulls, and then letting it go about 17. WOOOOT!

I have always kept my threshold at about 15 or below... but I might start running a little over that in SCRAMBLE mode! The "liven-up" factor was definitely worth the incremental increase!

...I wonder what my setup is "safe" to... hmmmmmm...

-crisp