Saying Goodbye - Take Care SM

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Just wanted to say goodbye to everyone. I dont post much anymore, but I have been a member here a long time. My MKIII journey ended when I received an offer on my 91targa that I couldnt refuse. The 2J is being parted out as well. I have owned an 89 hard top, 92 sunroof, and a 91 targa. I owned all three power plants 7M, 1J, and 2J.

I will always have love for the MKIII, but I went back to my roots with the domestics V8's that I loved as a teenager. My wife and I picked up a C6 6-speed corvette today. It is black on black and we just feel in love with her :)

Yes, the 2J would take it without a doubt, but she is still a young virgin. The Paxton supercharger will be on order soon with a nice set of long tube headers and a mild cam. By summer I should be mid 500's at the wheel and cruising with the top out.

Take care all. I will still pop in from time to time to look at the member's rides. The MKIII is a classic; however, I always wanted a vette but was never in a postion to get one with family, finances, etc. Today was the day that my lifelong dream came true.

Chris

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Chris, take care dude! Congrats on the Vette, check back in from time to time and post in the Other Cars section. I love me some V8 power. :)

Edit: gorgeous!

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Thanks you, hate to see someone with your MKIII history leave. I know I still love the big V8's that I grew up with, Sounds like you have great plans for the Vette, good luck and have fun.

-Fred

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I love the vettes! I still regret not going to a C5z when I got my last car. Just cause you have a vette doesnt mean you should keep us in the dark about its awesomeness. We all want to see this thing in the Other Cars section!

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I will post the progress in the other cars thread. It is definately a different beast than the MKIII. Much more refined and you feel like your part of the car. It breaks traction and will get sideways easily. I drove this one and the Z06. When I arrived, I was prepared to buy the Z06 but I wasnt enamored at the difference. The Z06 was stronger and more rigid for sure. It was was fast but it wasnt 20k faster. This one has the z51 package and the 20k saved will go along ways on powerplant upgrades. I dont need a dry sump, aluminum frame, etc etc. No plans to track or road race the car, so the Z06 stayed on the lot. I went on the conservative side with the purchase and will upgrade her with off the shelf goodies.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Good Luck Chris! I hate to see a member of the family go after so long. You must promise to never be too good to race an MKIII, and will always post the results (Honestly) if such event should take place.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Yeah, it has been like family at many times. I remember checking the threads day in and day out....all day. Many of the veterans have moved on but many of us are still here. And then there are the real old school guys like Ian (IJ) and Mike (Supracentral) who probably sent data about Supras via ARPANET on a Commodor 64's back in the 80's....lol

Last edited:

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
GrimJack;1660614 said:
Take care, and I'm sure we'll still see you. In our rear view mirrors. Just kidding! Well, mostly. :D

Dont you have some snow to shovel Grim :momaru:

I will never loose to a MKIII! I will let him pass me with grace as a gentleman :)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Pfft. I give you less than a year lol and you will be back in a supra.

Take care though man, and poke your head in here once in a while and say hello...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
csnow;1660621 said:
Dont you have some snow to shovel Grim :momaru:

I will never loose to a MKIII! I will let him pass me with grace as a gentleman :)

I live in Vancouver. It snowed here on Tuesday... nearly a foot. It was gone by morning. It's awfully similar to California that way.

Joplin

Aug 4, 2010
S Florida
Hi everyone,

I am the on who bought both his '92 and '91. His '91 is the 16th mkiii I have bought and it's my keeper. My teen age son has a mkiii also, mint sport roof. I keep very busy with my job and mkiii hobby. That is why I have never chimmed in and like a good member I search for the answeres before posting a question. I am sure I know some of you from South FL. People know me as Craig. Or as on Craig's list, Craig in Boynton Beach. Thanks Chris, your awsome.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Hey,

Thanks for all your help in the past, poeple like you that made my day or made my Supra better,.... Thanks sad to see you go, but happy for you. At least you didn't get some car like a"Yugo"
There may be a day where I'll be saying the same.
My Fare well to you!!

Take care "God Bless" good luck in your Journey.:wave::icon_cry::icon_sad::sadwavey:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
definitely check back in from time to time Chris. I'd hate to see you go for good. Nice Vette, so start a thread on it please, a lot of us like to see nice rides put together with elegance as well as power, which I'm sure your new ride will be. No need to leave.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I see no reason to leave, but I can't be mad at you for going with a C6, those things are surgical looking they're so sharp. :)

Some day, I still see myself picking up either a C5 (if I can stomach the interior), or a C6 (if I can't).