San Francisco, shame on you.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
MDCmotorsports said:
sp and adjuster.

Fuck em all. Lets make our own militia (sp?).

Yes I hate f'ing liberals who want the government to go away and at the same time mop up every single thing you do in life. That includes holding your hand long after you learned to wipe your own ass.... but don't tell me how to hold my hand just hold it.

Liberals are like bitches. Do it, just do it my way and for me.
I'm down with your proposition. Give me until late September next year and we'll get it going. :naughty:

The rest of your post nailed it.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
My family has been democrat for four generations. Yet I still voted Bush. I have heard all the facts, and still I couldn't bring my self to trust Kerry. I had no idea what he was really going to do with our country. Where as Bush may not make the most intelligent decisions, but I can trust him to make the decisions I expect him to make. This pissed my family off royally but I tried to explain to them that the democratic party of their fathers is not the democratic party of today. God, trying to type when your drunk is a pain in the ass. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense in the morning.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
dirgle said:
Where as Bush may not make the most intelligent decisions, but I can trust him to make the decisions I expect him to make.

Well Dirgle.... that line speaks volumns.... somewhere in that alcoholic haze... you've hit upon "The Answer". I can now truly rest easy....... for I have met an honest man. God Bless ya Son! :biglaugh:

HEY ADJUSTER... YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! :biglaugh:

Greg

Last edited:
L

lanky189

1. That was a wild read, I need a cigarette
2. The recruiters (and there were a lot of them a lot of the time) in my high school were never pushy, never salesman like, they most of the time were Rustburg Alum, and usually the change the military made in thier life was an amazing 200% improvement.
3. Count me in for the militia, now if i just had arms to bear.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Whatever, law or "resolution" that you want to brand it, this reflects the attitude of a majority of SF residents. (Who voted.)

I'm saying that attitude is wrong.
I'm saying that attitude is going to get them into trouble.

The idea of banning the same military from "your" people/kids is so typical for this slice of American culture. (The Fruit Cake slice that is.)

They chant "We are uber tolerant, and you should be too..."
Then they vote to be intolerant.

First to ban the military, and second to ban ownership of guns. (Any guns from what I can see in the documents.)

Nice and tolerant actions there SF.

Want another slice of fruit cake? Your going to need it. (Oh, and this whole idea that Bill O'Riley needs to be fired for his satire on the safety of your city, and the need for a good Terrorist attack on SF is dang funny. Let's further be INTOLERANT of someone's views and try to get them fired because we don't agree with what they said...

Anyone can see your hypocrites. Even the blind could see this it's so obvious. How else are most Liberals hypocrites?
1) Do you own a car? ** You know, that Hybrid SUV only uses twice the gas of my sedan.**
2) Do you own a house. **Living in the suburbs is evil, just ask Al Gore.**
3) Do you wear leather shoes? **Heavens, you bovine murderer.**
4) Do you eat meat? **I'm shocked at your conservative carnivour behaviour.**
5) Do you have kids? **The world is overpopulated, what are you thinking!!**
6) Do you work regularly? **In our "Village" we raise our kids to be free of work ethic.. Live free..**
7) Have you ever been a hypocrite? If so, you might be a Liberal..

Last edited:

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
The problem is, military recruiters are fucking conmen. You shouldn't HAVE to join the army if you dont really want to... you shouldn't be stuck there when you realize it wasn't everything they talked you into thinking it was going to be. Fuck those guys.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
There are two pockets of liberals in Idaho.
One is in Sun Valley.
The other is in North Boise.

The rest of the state is pretty much sane, and a very nice place to live, thus the migration of people leaving CA and other places continues. (Problem is, some of the ones leaving are Liberals who can't stand the restrictive laws in CA and other coastal states, but they come here and turn right around and want to limit my freedom so they can make it feel like home to them. " I've got mine, and now I want to pass laws so you can't get yours" is what I keep hearing from these folks.

Case in point.
North Boise needs a freeway belt built through it to the community of Eagle that is just West of North Boise/Garden City. Is that going to happen with all the Liberals living in North Boise? Nope, the idea of footpaths and open space in the foothills is to precious to allow for any freeway, so they will fight the idea for a few more decades, and congestion down there will just get worse. It can't get too much worse since they have run out of room for more building, so the money and development is going to Eagle and points further West and South. (Where a freeway will likely BE built.)

It is a classic case of narrowminded shortsighted Liberal thinking. They package it under the guise of protecting the environment, open space, views and quality of life, but what is really going on is "I've got mine, and you can't have any" mentality, and they know the property values go up when developement is limited. This only works when the area you live in is desireable. As the other areas are developed, and the freeways are put in to the West and South, North Boise/Garden City will continue it's slide into becoming a slum surrounded by a few nice houses on the fringes.

Sounds like SF. Only smaller.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Your not stuck in the Military. IF you don't want to join, nobody says you HAVE to. IF you did make the choice to join, and want out it's easy. Just do this:

Go in with your best buddy, and tell them your gay.

End of service, and your free to continue on with your life if you feel so encumbered by being in the military.

You also made the choice to join right? It may be true the recruiter told you he liked being in the service, and the opportunities to learn new skills, travel and other stuff that is talked about.

Now your in the service, I don't know your exact situation, but I do know that if you work hard, apply yourself, and stay out of trouble, you can go places in the military. And the training your getting does pay off when you get out. (My Dad started in the Airforce, and later worked for some Airlines, then Boeing for many years, all over the world. He's now retired, owns his 450,000 home outright, and lives a very nice life as a result of the training and base he gained during his few years of service in the Airforce.)

Like anything, you only get out of something what you put into it.

Stop whining and get your ass to work. (The real world is the same way, opportunity does not come looking for you, you have to prepare and look for it.)

Good luck.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
Adjuster said:
There are two pockets of liberals in Idaho.
One is in Sun Valley.
The other is in North Boise.

Here's what I'm driving at Adjuster. The City of Boise had a general election last week just as San Francisco. But.... 52% of the registered voters of San Francisco showed up to excersise their constitutional right to vote. While in Boise, your hometown, only 30% showed up. What's up with that? Now you're dogging the citizens of SF about a percieved problem they have when in your own backyard, 70% of your neighbors don't even bother to make thier voices heard. So who's really being hypocritical here?

http://www.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/election/results.htm

http://www.newwest.net/index.php/city/article/4271/C108/L108

Greg

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
This election was pretty much a waste of time. Really.

As far as voter turnout goes, I don't have a good answer except that due to the low intrest in what was being voted on during this election, and the lack of serious advertising or media coverage on any issues being voted on, the level of voter turnout does not supprise me at all.

I don't live in this gal's district anway. (I'm almost out of Ada county.)

Besides, when did this thread become a "voter turn out" discussion? LOL

The problem in SF is not voter turn out, but the attitude of those that did vote. They obviously feel motivated to vote in large numbers by the turnout %, so your actually making my point for me. More Liberals in SF are in trouble in the future with the attitude they have developed towards government and military.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
Adjuster said:
This election was pretty much a waste of time. Really.

As far as voter turnout goes, I don't have a good answer except that due to the low intrest in what was being voted on during this election, and the lack of serious advertising or media coverage on any issues being voted on, the level of voter turnout does not supprise me at all.

I don't live in this gal's district anway. (I'm almost out of Ada county.)

Besides, when did this thread become a "voter turn out" discussion? LOL

The problem in SF is not voter turn out, but the attitude of those that did vote. They obviously feel motivated to vote in large numbers by the turnout %, so your actually making my point for me. More Liberals in SF are in trouble in the future with the attitude they have developed towards government and military.

It has always been my opinion that NO election is a waste of time. As a citizen, it's your responsibilty to participate in your government. It may sound corny, but it's a fact. Actually, I'm not making your point for you. The people of SF, both liberal and conservative if you like, showed up at the polls to make their opinions heard. That's the way our system works. Their "attitude" is irrelevent. Percentage wise, more of them chose to show up than those in your backyard so I don't see THEM as having a problem. If you don't like something, put it on a ballot and vote on it. Democracy in action.

So what's all of this "trouble" you keep saying they are in?

Greg

L

lanky189

albertmdh said:
The problem is, military recruiters are fucking conmen. You shouldn't HAVE to join the army if you dont really want to... you shouldn't be stuck there when you realize it wasn't everything they talked you into thinking it was going to be. Fuck those guys.

You gotta read the fine print man, if you sign up, you oughta take it upon yourself to figure out whats going on, what its gonna be like, nobody can sign you up, but you

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I live about 5 minutes away from San Francisco, but i work and go to school there, a state school in fact.

i'm not a liberal or conservative, i look at each situation and form my own opinion, not what the rest of the guys on the bandwagon say. i think you guys should really cut this shit off. liberal v. conservative only tears this country apart more, which is the last thing we need now.

as for this prop. and the SF gun prop. i think they were both horrible ideas. i go to San Francisco State University, a mechanical engineer major. last year i remember seeing tons of protesting around the military recruiting center. these people were pissed and yelling, i couldn't understand what the big deal was. later, it was even on the nightly news. anyways, now thanks to these people, the recruiters are gone and the school feels the same as ever. the only thing different is that now im sure my tuition will be going up. so now it costs me more money to go to a school which is 100% the same in my eyes. i never even knew there was a recruiting center till all the protestors.

before this election, i didnt really buy into the liberal SF stuff. i knew most people vote democrat, as do i, but i didnt think they would be this crazy.

i ifnd it hypocritical that in the same city that has the exotic erotic ball and gay pride parade, can pass props. to ban military and guns in the city. a place that brags about acceptance and equality has turned on the majority of the country.

but before u guys jump on me for leaning to the right in this thread, i also think the religious fanatic conservatives are probably a little worse than the liberals. i think this country would be better off without religion in politics and without people voting on laws based on their religous beliefs. religion should be your personal guide, not something that everyone has to follow.
i know this has nothing to do with the thread, but it's been on my mind for a while now.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Voting here is compulsory but if it weren't I don't think you have the right to piss and moan about decisions made by Government if you haven't voted.

<stepping away as this thread has the potential to turn ugly>

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
albertmdh said:
As Adjuster already stated, you don't have to join the military if you don't want to. If you have a story of being forced to join, I'd love to hear it. Nobody ever puts a gun to another's head to force them to join. If somebody joins the military without educating themselves about it as much as possible before making such a serious decision, then they only have their own ignorance to blame for the duration of their enlistment and inactive reserve time.

You make yourself sound like the typical complainer who is under the assumption that every situation that didn't go their own way is somebody else's fault. Shame.

Adjuster-Getting out for "being gay" isn't nearly as easy as people may think it is, just to let you know.

By the way, I haven't had the time to read all of your posts in this thread, but from what I have read, I really appreciate what you have to say.

And for those who are in the military because of somebody else's blatant ignorance or forceful behavior, why don't you just f*cking deal with it? If you just expect everything to be handed to you instead of working your ass off for it like you never have before then you are the one who is fucking and kidding yourself.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Greg 55, I vote, and I vote conservative when I agree with that candidate, and if I agreed with a liberal candidate, I'd vote that way.

You must have missed my other comments about voter responsibility there Greg 55.
Let me fill you in.
1) I think the ONLY people who should be allowed to vote are those with attachement to the land/country. This would be land owners, and current/ex military.
2) Age does not matter, you own land, you can vote at age 10 for all I care. The military will only take you when your older than the current voting age anyway, so that's a moot point.
What would this acomplish?
Nobody on welfare would be voting. (Well, a limited number of those sucking on they system own their own land, so it would cut down on that blight in our society having any say in what goes on in government.)
People in jail for the most part would not vote.
A large percentage of those living in cities would not vote. (Should say, could not vote, since they own no land.)
It would take us back to the ideals that started this country and made it great. You have to be personally responsible and commited to the country to vote. You show this responsibility and commitment by buying your land/house/condo/apartment etc. It does not exclude any race or creed. It is as simple as you own your home, you can vote. You serve in the military, you can vote. Party lines, race and all the other "cards" that people play are out the window.

Here is what it would do:

Politicians would stop catering to this large section of the population that is sucking on the teat of welfare.

They would have to pass laws that landowners/military service members want to see passed.

I don't see any of these Ideas as threatening to this country, and if anything, it would resolve many of the current flaws we are dealing with.

On the subject of SF residents bringing trouble down on their own heads, well Mr. Smartypants, do some reading up on world history. Look at the prior great countries like the Romans, Greeks, Persians, Aztecs and many others. Most if not all of them started out with freedom of some sort for the people. The people became decadent and lazy. The people elected government that gave them wealth without their need to work for it. The government's then fell in short order. One of the key elements to the fall of each government is the military being pushed to the side, minimalized and even demonized. These people became so caught up in their own lazy greed, they failed to see the military was protecting them from the enemies they had just over the borders of the great lands they lived in. They cut the military back to the point where it could no longer defend them, and those enemies attacked and destroyed them.

What makes you think that today is any different than the past? Are we so much more educated? Are we so much more advanced? Are you living in a fantasy land there Greg55? We are every bit as suseptible to exactly what ended the other "great" countries today as they were in the past. We have serious foes in the world. We have entire groups of people that hate us, not just nations that hate us. The current threat combines religion and ethnic hate into a frenzy that results in homicide bombings world wide. These enimies of ours are willing to strap on a bomb, wear it to your latest party and pull the detonator. They WANT to do this to destroy you. Just wait till they get even larger bombs, or far reaching ways of hurting you like bio weapons and other fun stuff.

This current foe does not care if your liberal or conservative. They don't care if your black or white, hispanic or asian. They just hate Americans, and everything we stand for. And the people of SF during this time of danger just voted to kick the military out of their city.

Is that clear enough for you? If you don't see the danger, if you don't see the lack of wisdom in this action SF has taken, then further debate here is pointless. The people of SF are not stupid. They are just not wise.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
"Today a man owns a jackass worth fifty dollars and he is entitled to vote; but before the next election the jackass dies. The man in the meantime has become more experienced, his knowledge of the principles of government, and his acquaintance with mankind, are more extensive, and he is therefore better qualified to make a proper selection of rulers — but the jackass is dead and the man cannot vote. Now gentlemen, pray inform me, in whom is the right of suffrage? In the man or in the jackass?"

----Benjamin Franklin

"Mr Smartypants":biglaugh: