San antonio

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1801359 said:
Woke up quick, at about noon
just thought that i had to be in the garage soon
i gotta get coffee before the day begins
before my wife starts bitching about it again....

WOW some ole skool Eazy-E.......lmao

Man I tried to get in the garage this morning and she's already "car blocking" talking about we have somewhere to be at 1pm. I got a little bit done, but I really need some help stablilizing the trans on the floor jack while trying to get the bolts threaded onto it. I called my friend, but he's a little busy today as well. Everything is ready to go so I can get this car back on the road. Oh yeah, I got my six puck ACT disc in Friday. I've just been busy with the family since then. I don't want to jump on the car really soon, cause Mrs. Car Blocker will have something smart to say about that. "Oh I see you can rush into the garage so fast for that damn car, but I can't get you to put up a simple coat rack in the utilitly room!" Something along the lines of that. And yes, there's a reason I haven't put two screws in the wall to hang up that damn coat rack so don't ask.

Stop being lazy and get the honey do's first. Happy wife.....happy garage time!!!!

How's everybody else been?

Been tired on this end. Damn Adam and Eve just cant keep there hands to themselves. now we gotta work instead of chillin in the Garden.....workin on our hoopties. Nice you got that disk. You ever finish up wiring that wideband? If everything goes right on my end i'll be legal by Monday. Got some ideas i'm gonna do to the car before i add power to her. I'm gonna probably finish up interior and a better wheel/suspension setup. I'll be purchasing a CPS repair kit also friday to stop my little oil leak.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
justbeinfrank;1801436 said:
Hey whats up guys? nice meeting you today rufus let me know if you need any help. Is there ever any meets for mk3s around?

Whats up 'justbeinfrank'. U got an '88 huh. What color, turbo or N/A, and the biggest question........IS IT RUNNIN'!!

justbeinfrank

Jul 6, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
What's up its a red 88 turbo and it was running and should be I just did a motor swap and now its not. I just put a rebuilt 7mgte back in and just can't get it idling right but hey it will come along.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok guys, I just got on today. My wife was busy with the computer doing online homework and taking a test for one of her online classes.

Yeah Darrel, you know that took you back. Yes, I did get the honey do's done yesterday. Now I should be able to have some happy garage time. Wideband isn't wired in yet. I'm prolly gonna punch a hole in the DP tomorrow and make plans to take it to my buddies shop and use his welder to stick on the bung. Then I have to look for some heat sheilding to protect the wire harness from the heat. That's in the works. I still need to put the trans back up. But that's about it for now.
Glad to see you'll be legal. I keep forgetting that you have a built bottom end. Hopefully we'll all be good for a meet and cruise sometime around Spring.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
lol. Yeah, I made damn sure the clutch was in the right way. This clutch disc was idiot proof. It had the "flywheel side" sticker on the one side of the disc, and I made sure it looked to be the flattest side as well.

I haven't chosen gear oil brands just yet, but I'm thinking of going with Lucas Oil Synthetic 80W-90 gear oil for the differential. I'll probably run with some run of the mill Valvoline 75W-90 for the R154. I can get both at Autozone.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Get Synchromesh from Autozone. It's in a yellow bottle.

Or if you feel like waiting on shipping Redline MT-90 all the way. There used to be a shop here that sold it locally but they stopped carrying it. Guess there wasn't enough demand :(

Oh and Amsoil is awesome stuff, again you have to order it though, Noribilt (shop off of Eckhert) can get it in about a day or two depending on when the truck comes by at a good price too.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I welded up the O2 bung for the wideband today. This had to be the ugliest welds this side of the Mississippi. I'm not gonna show anybody. It didn't help that the welding machine was acting up. Anyhow, I should have it back on the road by this Saturday.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1803157 said:
I welded up the O2 bung for the wideband today. This had to be the ugliest welds this side of the Mississippi. I'm not gonna show anybody. It didn't help that the welding machine was acting up. Anyhow, I should have it back on the road by this Saturday.

Its always the welding machines fault.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
1328822045268.jpg

Look who's gone global. Mike ( sa supra) and i believe his name is David(lithium). Both caught on Google Maps Street View. Supra, Mike and David are.........SupaStars!!!!

supra.usa

7m.performance
Mar 22, 2009
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1798170 said:
whitehat, how's it going with the HG job? Need any help? BTW, where those other guys that were supposed to meet at your house Supra owners?

David, how in the hell have you been?? You haven't been in here in a while? How's work? Promoted yet? Married? Any kids?

Michael, I heard you're car is on the road. BYA! I said it! Oh... I have to get my car back on the road first.

Darrel, CT26 60 trim? I see it in your future very soon. What's the word on the grey bird?

Southsiders? What's been going on? You guys still up and running?

Taco... dammit you started this thread where the hell are you!?

I've been drinking tonight... done.

hahaha funny, wuts up guys long time again, anyhow we southsiders are down right now!!! mine is under construction im goin forged!! its time to put some money on my babe....and by away looks like im not the only 1 with them cobras huh. lol yall stay safe and i will post pics soon!!!!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, car is back on the road. Only thing is I think I need to bleed the clutch line better because my clutch release point is pretty high. It was high on the last clutch set after I burnt it out. Nevertheless, it's running good. I also installed the wideband, but I won't know what it's doing under boost until I break in the clutch disc.

It does chatter a little when taking off from first gear. You have to be gentle releasing the clutch while keeping the RPM's fairly low when starting out to avoid chatter. That's something that'll take some getting used to.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Well I'm finally legal. No more lookin in da rear view with my head on a swivel lookin for da po po's. Drove it up and down Military. Shifts pretty good....clutch still has life. I think i need an alignment because the rear seems a little squirrelly at times. Has anyone had an issue with their clutch when starting the car. At times i have to jam the clutch hard to the floor to get it to start. Not a big deal but i dont think i have to jam it down like that to start the car.anyways.....I'm officially up and running. Sooooo now the begging begins for upgrades.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1806245 said:
Congrats. It's a good feeling not to be scared of getting pulled over and impounded. So what's first on your wish list? If you need any help turning wrenches let me know.

Thanks. It feels good to drive and now i only have to worry about my wrenching skills. Hope they wont let me down. Plans for now are to get her stock pretty. More hp has always been a goal in the summer time. I might look for some cobra rims. If i find some good deals i might get something but the summer is my part 2 build start.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Here's my goal for my car:
1. Take the next 2-32 months and get all of the kinks out.
2. May I should be able to upgrade. My shopping list....
a) Driftmotion 57 trim turbo kit
b) Evo 560cc injectors or 550cc
c) AFPR......probably Driftmotion
d) Maxx hard pipes and cooler
e) Megan coilovers
f) some sort of piggyback system
g) 3in exhaust

Of course I'm sure the list will change by then. But I think the setup should net me at least 400+hp to the rear wheels. I'll also be doing some minor upgrades before May like upgrading sway bars, fuel pump, etc.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
satx88supra;1806502 said:
Here's my goal for my car:
1. Take the next 2-32 months and get all of the kinks out.
2. May I should be able to upgrade. My shopping list....
a) Driftmotion 57 trim turbo kit
b) Evo 560cc injectors or 550cc
c) AFPR......probably Driftmotion
d) Maxx hard pipes and cooler
e) Megan coilovers
f) some sort of piggyback system
g) 3in exhaust

Of course I'm sure the list will change by then. But I think the setup should net me at least 400+hp to the rear wheels. I'll also be doing some minor upgrades before May like upgrading sway bars, fuel pump, etc.

You forgot something......... clutch kit.