San antonio

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Hey guys, sorry for my absence, Chrissy has been having some pregnancy complications, baby is due any day now. We are looking at moving into a house with a garage on the east side, closer to her work. A house with a 2 car garage! Japan is looking to be a year or more in the future, but we wanted to get out of our apartment for the baby. How is everyone?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Hey Rufus,
Sorry i didnt get back to you i had honey do's to do. Anyway when do have time off to check out tires?

Whitehat89
What area of the eastside will you be moving to? I'm off of SE Military and 37S. Not to far from the Brooks City Base shopping area. If you every need any help let me know. Oh....early congrats on the baby.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Busted. Driving around like an outlaw huh Darell? Um... I'd probably be available sometime this weekend. Or maybe sooner. I'll call you and let you know. I just added my Supra to my insurance policy. I'm going to get an inspection sticker hopefully today or tomorrow. I'd really like to get it registered by this Friday. We'll see how that goes. I want to be able to cruise around the neighborhood without being afraid I'll get pulled over and towed away.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
1988ma70supra;1782998 said:
satx88supra is your car running? I think ive seen you or one similar in that area a couple of times.

My car is running......finally. it's not legal (no tags) but i use to drive it in my hood. Its actually on stands for now. Changing out springs and shocks. My goal is to be on the road and legal by mid January.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Ok.....I'm having an electrical issue with my car. This is the third time my battery has died on the car. Each time was when the car wasnt started for 2-3days. Where should i start looking for the power drain source.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
satx88supra;1783489 said:
Ok.....I'm having an electrical issue with my car. This is the third time my battery has died on the car. Each time was when the car wasnt started for 2-3days. Where should i start looking for the power drain source.

Run your multimeter across the fuses. Set it to amps and check to see which one is drawing current. This is to be done with the car off and key out of the ignition. Have you wired in anything lately?

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
whitehat89;1783787 said:
Ok, so, as a last minute thing, I'm going to run the Twisted Sisters tomorrow with the Nissan club I hang around with... Should be interesting, since they make fun of my Supra and they mostly have 300ZX's, 350 and 370Z's lol

Watch out 370's are pretty damn fast

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Update. Vehicle is insured, inspected, and registered. I put my mirrors and bumper cover back on, but they're still primered. The reality is I'm not going to get around to painting them for who knows how long, so I slapped them back on. I'm fixed for tires for a while until I save for another set later on... thanks Darrel. I've driven my car to work a couple of times this week. I'm going to continue enjoying it for a while.

I still need a muffler, paint car, button up interior (tomorrow), and install AEM wideband so I can see what my AFR's are doing.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks. I didn't see you post until now. I would have invited you over. All I did was fix some wiring on my boost controller, and reassemble a couple of pieces of interior. I'll get to it tomorrow.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
Nice man! How'd it go? Sorry for the late reply, for some reason the update emails I get from the forum are sporadic at best... >.>

Chrissy and I FINALLY located a home, over off FM 78 and Binz-Engleman. Now to get the landlord to hold it until we can move out and swing the deposit...

However, here's a picture of the 2 car PULL THRU garage... I paced it off and it's 22 of my boots (size 12) wide and 26 deep...
IMAG0211.jpg

Bear in mind that I'm 6'3"

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Congrats on the new place. I removed my 20 year old window tint from the hatch glass. It was a pain in the ass as it kept flaking off. I did it with a household steamer and slowly pulling on the tint when the adhesive gave way. I had to do it because I couldn't see out the back window. It was so old and hazy, and it was dangerous when I couldn't see cars next to me when I'd make a lane change. That's about it for now.

How's your Supra running? Last I remember you mentioned something about it overheating a little. You were wanting change the headgasket. How did that turn out?

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
Supra runs alright, just keeping a CLOSE eye on it, havent changed the headgasket yet, keep having issues come up that prevent me...

On another note, I'm looking at starting a Toyota club here in San Antonio since there isnt one yet. I know there are several of us mk3 guys here in SA and I know several people with MR2's, etc... Would anyone be interested possibly? I'm thinking that maybe once we get the new house, we could grill and hang out or even help each other work on our cars once a month... Just an idea, the VW club I grew up in did something of a similar nature and it was hosted by a VW shop, we'd have a potluck dinner and talk cars or whatever... The owner of the VW shop would answer any questions and would show us how to do things we couldnt figure out on our own lol

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
whitehat89;1786020 said:
Supra runs alright, just keeping a CLOSE eye on it, havent changed the headgasket yet, keep having issues come up that prevent me...

On another note, I'm looking at starting a Toyota club here in San Antonio since there isnt one yet. I know there are several of us mk3 guys here in SA and I know several people with MR2's, etc... Would anyone be interested possibly? I'm thinking that maybe once we get the new house, we could grill and hang out or even help each other work on our cars once a month... Just an idea, the VW club I grew up in did something of a similar nature and it was hosted by a VW shop, we'd have a potluck dinner and talk cars or whatever... The owner of the VW shop would answer any questions and would show us how to do things we couldnt figure out on our own lol

I'm down. Sounds like a good way to get out the house. But seriously .....it sounds like a good idea.