San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1596783 said:
Is your turbo no good?

I don't know yet. But from the looks of it everytime I oil it to keep it lubed it looks like a little oil seeps out the turbine side. I'm thinking it's no good, but I have to wait and see.

Last night I was in the garage dropping in the engine and trans together. I was installing it with the motor mounts on the engine trying to get them in their spot while dropping it in. No luck. It didn't help that one of the chains on the load leveler was shorter than the other. The engine was slanted when I was trying to drop it in. One motor mount was always lower than the other. I have to even the chains up. I really didn't have anybody to help line things up while I was manuvering the engine in either. At least no one who knows what they're doing. It was hard trying to do it all by my lonesome.

Any tips on trying to get the motor mounts in? I even tried installing the engine in without the mounts then put them in later. Again, uneven slanted engine, and nobody to help me guide it in.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
you need to tell us when you need help because every time i put my motor in i have needed 3 people to man handle it into place.

unless you have the chain mounted in 4 corners then it is going to lean.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
No. I jacked up the front so I can get under the car. The engine/tranny was on a load leveler. At one point I removed the motor mounts, tried to bolt down the tranny crossmember, and was going to manuver the engine over the mount locations. That wasn't going over so well either cause the engine was leaning to one side that I couldn't get the crossmember bolted up. I was going to use my jack to raise the one side of the tranny so I can bolt up the crossmember, but it was getting late. I had to pack it up and getting ready for work the next day. I'm going to try another day.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I had it jacked up in the back and used a lever. It worked pretty good. You want the mounts on the engine for sure. I dropped it in and then used a jack to help lift the tranny and then bolted the tranny cross member on.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
we need to get together with some mk4 guys and have a dyno day when we get our cars running.

i mounted my intercooler today with the worst custom bracket ever made.
to be honest i didnt have the wire speed correct on the welder and damn its ugly. :)

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I'm running so let's do something before my car goes under the knife gettin the whole drivetrain redone.
Running open downpipe for the hell of it right now haha top end pulls like crazy now and it sounds mean. Listen for me

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
p1599973_1.jpg

p1599973_2.jpg

p1599973_3.jpg

it would of been better if the intercooler mounts were on top.
i have to run my pipes now and relocate the oil cooler somewhere.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I made a second attempt to drop in the engine/trans this morning. I need help. There's just now way for me to lower & tilt while trying to manuver the engine over the mounting holes. If anybody can help please let me know. I'm off on Tues, Weds & Thursdays. Can do this anytime of the day.
I can also do this on weekends but it would have to be after 4:30pm. I work weekend mornings. Please let me know if you can help.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i can help you tomorrow mourning, 9ish?
i forgot where you live so send me your address.
i will also bring your bov.
do you want to use my engine hoist thing? it allows you to adjust the angle of the motor.