San antonio

moonpie33

Jun 23, 2008
castroville
hey guys so we will be having a summer meet it will be towards the end of summer
this meet hopefully will be twice as big as the dec meet
Clinton

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well I'll keep the bad news train a rollin... I had my bro in law take my head in today. they called me 2 hours later and told me my head was a POS. It was already below the minimum and was warped. So Now I'm looking for a head.

then my bro in law tells me that he is only getting 40 in cylinder 1 on the compression test. On his 88 that i was thinking he might have running by this weekend. Guess thats not gonna happen.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1499124 said:
Well I'll keep the bad news train a rollin... I had my bro in law take my head in today. they called me 2 hours later and told me my head was a POS. It was already below the minimum and was warped. So Now I'm looking for a head.

then my bro in law tells me that he is only getting 40 in cylinder 1 on the compression test. On his 88 that i was thinking he might have running by this weekend. Guess thats not gonna happen.

your brother and laws, do you think its the valves or rings.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1499263 said:
your brother and laws, do you think its the valves or rings.

I don't know, The got the head done at duffins. so that part is good. He's using a felpro hg so the block shouldn't matter, right? he was gonna put some oil in the cylinder and see if his compression goes up.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1499679 said:
im sure the head is good so that oil should make a difference.

I have 2 heads sitting around

nope oil didn't help. for some reason the front of the head is not sealing. any ideas?
why do you have so many heads?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
He's using a different front cover (timing belt case) that came with the block? You do have to get those machined at the same time to ensure the HG will seal.

First pic show to put sealer between the timing belt case and block. If that case is higher than the block then the head will not seal correctly giving you problems in cylinder #1.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
I did take another look again and the cam cover is in a bind. I think i have now put the head i bind. with the bolts torque to 80lbs (unevenly) i'm guessing it would take move force to get the front to lay flat. I guess just loosening back and starting over might help. But i still have the issue of the cam cover. I can see an edge of it and it doesnt seemed machined at all. I'll verify that Friday when I'm off. Oh well...my brother in law said these cars will make you learn something. :runaway:

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1499782 said:
nope oil didn't help. for some reason the front of the head is not sealing. any ideas?
why do you have so many heads?

because im stupid and i bought them. no other reason.

the rear timing cover if not machined for that block would make sense. maybe dover fucked up but i think they pressure test them so i doubt it.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
here is a pic i took on my phone. hopefully you can see where my screwdriver is how the cover starts to cuver and show more of the deck cover. Right there you can tell it was in a bind or something.

New Image.jpg

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1499794 said:
He's using a different front cover (timing belt case) that came with the block? You do have to get those machined at the same time to ensure the HG will seal.

First pic show to put sealer between the timing belt case and block. If that case is higher than the block then the head will not seal correctly giving you problems in cylinder #1.

What pic?