San antonio

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i was told these brakes feel the same as stock pretty much but without the brake fade.
im thinking willwood would be the real upgrade but ill let you know or just let you drive and you can be the judge. should be a few weeks because my truck is going to be dead soon and i need the supra back

craigh310

Supramania Contributor
Mar 25, 2008
Gardena, California
1988ma70supra;2019604 said:
Let me know the fitment and if you have any issues. I'm looking to upgrade my brakes next and have looked at going either this route or saving up for the Willwood setup.

Miguel,
The Wilwood setup from AZ Performance is great. Hit up Andy at Supra's in Vegas in a few weeks.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Slow progress, but I just finished installing the 550's and the acura legend resistor pack. Super rich now running11.7 at idle on the wideband. Next is to mock up the turbo. I might have it done by next month.

Last edited:

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
san supra;2019912 said:
i was told these brakes feel the same as stock pretty much but without the brake fade.
im thinking willwood would be the real upgrade but ill let you know or just let you drive and you can be the judge. should be a few weeks because my truck is going to be dead soon and i need the supra back

Sounds like a plan

craigh310;2019932 said:
Miguel,
The Wilwood setup from AZ Performance is great. Hit up Andy at Supra's in Vegas in a few weeks.

I am definitely planning on it. Thanks Craigh, see you in a few weeks

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
If the coils are good and you havent messed with the wiring it will probably be the ignitor. The ground on it is supposed to be a weak point and many do the ignitor ground mod to solve the issue. Mod is basically getting the ground from inside the ignitor and wiring it directly to the battery, its supposed to make the idle a bit cleaner as well.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i can try that. i did wire in the new coils but it ran great when i drove it around.

the idle did keep dying out but i just figured a boost leak or something

we took our time with the wiring. solder and heat shrink.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
what drives the injectors? the cps?

i can crank the motor but it wont fire.

when spraying throttle body cleaner in it, it will actually fire for a second.

i keep resetting and still get code 14.

checked grounds and did ground upgrade for ignitor

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Tits, yeah the cps wires and plug have a problem with the heat from the turbo and lose contact. A jiggle and a wiggle while someone turns it over can work sometimes. Trace the signal from the ecu all the way through.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007