same old upper ball joint speil, noob to the rescue...hopefully

lusiphur134

Mar 29, 2010
orwell, ohio
ok. hello all. this is my first post so if i offend or make nay newbie fouls sorry.

so here's the deal in a quick paragraph. i'm not a supra onwer. like many i appreaciate the cars but never ended up buying one ever. that was then. fastforward to know and the reason i'm on the forum is i'm building a car from the frame up. based on the Lotus Super Seven of the sixties. its a group of cars dubbed 'LoCost' as in low-cost as in cheap. well i was donated to my cause front and rear MkIII supra suspension. i'm planning on using front spindles with all custom A-arms. no issue thus far. i'm planning on using factory rear with subframe and A-arms. and so the upper ball joint issue rears its ugly head.

so here's the seemingly repeated discussion. How to replace upper ball joints w/o the whole new A-arm. i did a search here and on the other supra forum and found everyone just sucking it up and paying about $300 for new ones or custom machining on making new ones which isnt much cheaper in end so why?

I am a former DSM owner. Please dont hold this against me:kickinthenuts: but they are cheap speed beginner tuner cars. i'm cheap so it worked years ago for me. i bring this up because the DSM guys figured an off the shelf BJ that could be pressed into the A-arms on the pos DSM's. i'm not sure if supra guys are mostly independently wealthy or what but this homie dont play dealer cost $300+ ball joints.

i wil find a off the shelf BJ to press in and out of factory arms. i do warn i am a slacker so i'm not promising results tomrrow, or next week, or proabably next month. i'm a big slacker. but i'm even cheaper than i am lazy so it must be done.

also i realize that the MKIII is getting really long in the tooth. so i'm not sure if anyone even cares anymore about my little diatribe that has been purported by others and seemingly failed out to this point.

if anyone makes it this far into this thread then thou is saint-worthy. thanks for the time. i'm ready for my flogging

later
dave

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
I don't think anyone will give you a flogging for this, It's a great ambition and would benefit everyone greatly so by all means go ahead.:joshers: