said bye to it yesterday

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Yesterday afternoon i officially left the toyota family someone came and bought the supra. it was a good car pita sometimes but it was a good car to me. i bought a miata to replace it and its an awesome car very fun defiantly not nearly as fast but 3 times the gas millage is a defiantly a plus. i say good bye for now maybe i will pick up another supra in the future.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
You will be back. I doubt any other forum has sexy ladeez w/ Jif peanut butter in their breastiziz.

<3 Jif. I suppose that means that I'm a choosey mom.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Mine too, i shall miss you turbo-a, you were both an honour to own and a burden to shoulder. I will never forget your beauty and your faithfulness shown to me by your reliabilty...Thank you for never giving me a BHG! may you serve the new owner as well as you have served me.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
you bought a Miata..?!? HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!

just kidding

love those little things, what year? I'm thinking of picking one up next year when my daughter starts driving..:D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I can't argue with buying a Miata, have owned two of them. Specs? Oh, and flyinmiata.com is going to be your best friend, and your wallet's greatest enemy. ;)

Seriously though, stick some GSD3 tires on them, get the alignment specs from the FM guys, and you're pretty much set.

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
its a 99 all of 105 hp at the wheels with 4.30 lsd. i planning on using the car for autocrossing. its a blast driving the girl loves this car more then the supra so thats a plus. yea flyinmiata already took a little money from me bastards (mod bug in me already took over). maybe be back soon

Attachments

• IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 14

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
te72;1695654 said:
I can't argue with buying a Miata, have owned two of them. Specs? Oh, and flyinmiata.com is going to be your best friend, and your wallet's greatest enemy. ;)

Seriously though, stick some GSD3 tires on them, get the alignment specs from the FM guys, and you're pretty much set.

i put some dunlop dz on it with alignment specs. i work at goodyear so i buy the dunlops haha i actually really like the dz series i got all that the first week

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
99's have good heads on them. I just remember getting my car aligned to the specs one of the guys at FM gave me, and that completely changed the car for the better. Car looks nice man, I hated those seats though, until at least 2001 or so... Seriously, who puts nearly flat seats in a car that can corner like that? WHO thought that was a good idea???

Anyway, gonna stick around SM still?

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
yea i HATE!!!! the seats in it thats one of the things im going to be doing in the near future. they dont hold you at all and im 6 feet tall so guess what my head is in the roof. i will be around sm not saying much just in a wet dream thinking about mine.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Haha, fair enough. If I remember correctly there is a modification that can be done with the seat rails (replace outright with a different one?) that lowers the seat down a bit for taller people. Hit up the FM guys and check with them. There was a really good Miata forum I remember too, miata.net?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
i get 400 plus miles on full tank

57trim 3in exhaust 9psi and 267hp 284tq..

to me its not bad on gas and would never sell it for a 4 banger lol..

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
im not a fan of the miata but i have seen some pretty cool pics of some and they do have support for this but it wouldnt be good for auto x
4619105150_6834ca26e6_z.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

p1696818_1.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
dubsupra209;1696792 said:
i get 400 plus miles on full tank

57trim 3in exhaust 9psi and 267hp 284tq..

to me its not bad on gas and would never sell it for a 4 banger lol..

You must drive a lot of highway miles then... that is pretty awesome mileage for a Mk3. But on a tight, twisty canyon road, a Miata will still leave all but the most dedicated of Supras in the dust... you don't need hundreds of HP when you don't have to lug around so much weight. Perfect fun at more or less legal speeds. Good car to learn how to control a short wheel base on too.

BrandonW;1696818 said:
im not a fan of the miata but i have seen some pretty cool pics of some and they do have support for this but it wouldnt be good for auto x
4619105150_6834ca26e6_z.jpg

p1697067_1.jpg

You'd be surprised on how well the LS conversions can handle, I've been following FM's build threads over the years, apparently their LS3 swap adds less than 200 lbs to the entire car, and over 1/3 of that is over the rear axle (diff is replaced to handle the torque). According to them, this is nearly as much weight as one of their FMII conversions adds once you throw in the turbo, piping, intercooler, etc... balance is more or less unaffected. :)

Still not quite sure how I feel about those aftermarket hardtops though... Kinda reminds me of the FD I guess.