Safety is an Attitude!

comadreha

VicDic
Aug 13, 2006
Inland Empire, CA
I thought I'd share a resource that I am still using since my USMC active duty days;

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/default.htm

It is called "Photo of the Week". It is a collection of safety-related photos that have been submitted to the Safety Center. You can click the "next photo" link to see the current archive of photos. Photos like these are often used in safety classes as a source of discussion regarding proper safety procedures. Most of this stuff is common sense for some, but for others.....

Typically in Navy/Marine operational environments, a rash of accidents occuring closely clumped together time-wise will trigger a "safety stand-down. This is an entire day dedicated to reviewing basic safety procedures and discussing past accidents and their causes as review.

Many of you guys/gals work on your own supras. Are you taking the proper safety pre-cautions when working around and under your vehicle? Are you using the proper safety gear? I have read a couple of threads on this forum and others about vehicle fires. Have you thought about how you can address and/or reduce these risks?

One of my additional duties in my squadron was working in the safety office. We were taught that the causes for most major accidents were usually attributed to a collection of minor safety issues which went unaddressed due to various reasons (complacency, fatigue, ignorance, incompetence, etc).

Be careful out there, sometimes its the smallest things that end up biting you in the ass.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Wouldn't it be stupid to be the guy that died at 18 because you trusted the wrong jack?

The dumbest reason for dismemberment or death is an accident that was 100% preventable in the garage or backyard :3d_frown: