Safest Springs on Stock Shocks

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
I'm on a budget, and my stock shocks were replaced 20,000 miles ago according to the maintence records from the previous owner, so they are in good shape. So what's the safest set of springs i can get? I want to go as low as possible.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yeah. My springs/shocks are still in great condition, and with the exception of the 4x4 ride height, they were very nice to ride on.

Save up to do some real shocks + springs.

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
IDK i really hate the 4x4 ride height, what was toyota thinking? My first priority is lowering the damn thing, I think I'll just get the Eibachs, i've heard B&G is too soft.

I have the stock TEMS on mine and they still work good with the 139k miles on them but the height is too much and I already got rims and tires coming in so I think that would help the car's look a lot.
Are springs something I can install on my own even with having the adjustable suspension?

How bad is scrapping over bumps and uneven road?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It'll do more than that (since the shocks are designed with a certain range of motion) - I'd seriously stay stock, until you can do both.

I've always treated shocks and springs as a packaged deal. One without the other is a waste of time, imho.