safe boost level

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I am about to install a 255lph FP, AFPR, 550cc inj and a lexus afm. What is the max boost I can run safely? Other mods include RFl BOV, elec boost controller and 3 inch exhaust with no cat. This probably a stupid noob question but if I don't ask I won't learn. If this has been asked before please point me to it, the search feature kept freezing up my browser for some reason. Don't know why but that's only happened once.

Chris

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Depends on the turbo you have. Different turbos will flow differently according to the specs of the turbo. The ct26, I'd say about 12 psi before you're pushing the turbo. If you have a 57 trim, 15 is a good number IMO. That's what I ran and I loved it.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Car has stock CT26 turbo as far as I know. PO did the 7mgte swap and I would hope he torqued the head bolts and install a MHG during the install.

Planning on checking the head head bolts when I install the injectors. I am really just looking for what the average owner has experienced on their car. I know that all cars are different as are fuels but I'm just going for a baseline. I was thinking of staying around 10psi on high boost myself but just curious where the roof is.

Chris

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I never got alot more power out of my ct26 after 14psi, So that's as far as I ever really kept it, usually happy with 12psi.
PS- I went 2+ yrs at10+psi on Felpro gasket and ARP's. I only went MHG when I pulled the motor for forged pistons later.
Just sayin.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
That's kinda the neighborhood I was leaning too. I don't plan on pulling this motor apart just yet. Once I finish my Honda I may pull it and do a full rebuild and upgrade the CT26 to maybe a T3/T4 with the Turbosmart WG I have sitting in my shed if they don't sell. I have them posted up on a few sites.

Chris

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OEM factory head gasket, 50 trim ct26, ARP studs, na fuel pump, stock injectors and I run 11-12 psi with no problems. Over the last 2-3 years I've watched my afrs and never had it go above 11 or so. Plenty safe.

The stock head gaskets can take a lot more than what most seem to think.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
2nd question:
Am I correct in my assumption that the OEM O2 sensor is a "wideband" sensor of sorts compared to the ones in some newer cars which are of the narrow band?

Chris