Safe boost level for my setup on Pump 93

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Ok so this year I am finally planning to do my fuel upgrade. Im wondering if 20psi is too much for my setup on Pump 93.

Heres the setup:

GReddy 20G Turbo
HKS Intercooler w/ hardpipes
550cc Injectors
Bosch 040 Fuel Pump (may run a Denso instead)
HKS VPC w/ 550 chip
HKS GCC
Full 3in Turbo back exhaust.

If Im honest I am more worried about my auto transmission going haha.

Thanks
~JDMMA70

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I would be more worried about trans also. You really need a larger cooler. Trans temp gauge would be good idea as well. I would also suggest a trans go AW4/A340 shift kit. I would go with higher stall speed torque convertor. This will greatly improve your performance of your car.

With the denso MKIV pump you should have enough fuel for about 450- 500 whp.

Bone stock 2jzgte fuel system can do 500 whp with small bolt on turbo. Same size injectors. A wide band would be a good idea. IMO good luck

I wish I had an HKS intercooler and piping.

Show so pictures.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
super51fan;2035411 said:
I would be more worried about trans also. You really need a larger cooler. Trans temp gauge would be good idea as well. I would also suggest a trans go AW4/A340 shift kit. I would go with higher stall speed torque convertor. This will greatly improve your performance of your car.

With the denso MKIV pump you should have enough fuel for about 450- 500 whp.

Bone stock 2jzgte fuel system can do 500 whp with small bolt on turbo. Same size injectors. A wide band would be a good idea. IMO good luck

I wish I had an HKS intercooler and piping.

Show so pictures.

Its got an 11x11x1.25 cooler on it. No temp gauge though. The hardpipes are just generic cxracing. However my question wasnt really answered ;P

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Shame on you Hvyman :icon_razz:icon_razz

you should know by now that the theme for the car is old school. We must build this vehicle like its 1995 :biglaugh:

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Standalone will help with the spark blow out problem you will have at 20 psi. Even if you add HKS DLI to your old school list you need to run narrow plug gaps and do frequent plug changes.

I love HKS products they are equal to OEM Toyota parts as far as Quality is concerned. I am going standalone to get rid of the piggyback short comings.