Safc2 long story but I think I figured it out...

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Ok so I bought my supra just last week and my buddy came over and hoped in my car when it was idling. He started pushing buttons and stuff thinkin it's some kinda video game, now my car stops reving passed 3000 sometimes 2500 rpm. I think he accidentally set his own air correction engine rpm setting somehow? Thats my guess I've been reading my safc2 manual for the passed hour or two trying to figure out what may be the problem. Also my car is running reeeally rich so I think he also set a different correction factor so my ecu is thinking it needs to pump out more fuel when I hit the accelerator.

Comments? I'd like to get my car back to norm but I have no experience with the safc2 and I don't wanna screw it up more if it is what's causing this problem. I have not gone into the settings yet to see if I am right I figured I'd ask you piggyback pros out there first.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Contact the guy you bought it from, he may remember ball park settings.

And two things,
When you get it running correct again, write down ALL the settings, just in case.....

And,
beat the shit out of your buddy for touching things on your dash......

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I hope he's no longer a "buddy," I'd knock him senseless. You do NOT fuck with my car...

Yes, contact previous owner and see if he knows the settings as now your tune is probably completely fucked.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I got the previous owner to come by, he claims the settings are normal just the way he left them, so it's not the safc thats doing this to my car then...