SAFC I Screen wont light up

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
my mechanics installing my safc, and he called me and was wondering if it worked when it was pulled out of the previous car, because the screen wont work. The buttons will light up and shit but theres nothing on the screen. bad safc, or wrong wiring.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
It's Fried.......
Like a bad piece of KFC chicken.......

From being wired incorrectly, either by your guy, or the person you bought it from.
The vidio board has went by-by, and APEX does not sell parts for electronic products.

I learned my lesson the hard way, to Never buy one of those, unless the seller shows it fired up.
When I need one, I only buy from someone who shows it powered up, with the same back ground in the picture, as the non-powered up unit.
And not in the dash of a car, because you never know who's car that picture is from.
Too many pictures posted on the web that a con-artist can down load in order to sell his crap.

And if it is from another car of yours, and it was working, your guy is at fault

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I pulled the harness' out of mine, and sold them as 'non-working for extra car show points' on eBay for $25.
Sold both of them, took a $175 loss on each one.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Sorry to bring this back up but this can be closed. Purchased a NEO, got the safc to light up, ended up having the TPS wire pulled from the harness inside it. Going to sell it to someone for like 30-40$ for the screen or whatever, or they can try and re-pin it. Anyways this can be closed.