Sad day for me :(

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
I'm finally throwing in the towel on the supra for now :(
It sat in a hangar the last few years because i held hope that I might get back to it some day, but I'm gonna shelf that idea for now. Loaded it onto a car hauler to bring it home so I can part it out and old memories come flooding back

For now, I will focus on school and paying bills. Once I get through med school, then I'll build another one :)
For now, I'm gonna cruise a stock WRX and just remember the good days. Someone have a beer with me and we'll have a drink to remember (or maybe a few drinks to forget?) that old bitch of a car I love so much.

Part out thread coming soon. Send me messages for specific part requests.

Raise your glasses gents.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
IJ.;1903696 said:
As Sad as it is I bet there's a sense of relief when it's actually gone ;)

I think there will be. There will just be that feeling of longing, that memory of torque :)
But don't worry guys, this isn't one of those threads where I trash supras and tell you that I'm leaving forever. This is just me venting to people who will understand ;)
One day, I will have money, and I will buy another MkIII.

...Of course, then I won't have money anymore. But, at least I will feel the powah again (in between the large periods of smashing my head against engine blocks in frustration :) )

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'll drink to that. We'll see you back in action one day. Make us all proud and finish med school. Reach your dreams, and maybe one day you'll be cruising an LFA and not have to worry about getting another MKIII.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
flight doc89;1903766 said:
When i can afford an LFA, I'll still have a MkIII. If nothing else, i find the MkIII to be one of the sexiest cars ever made.

The mk3 hates you, it hates everyone it comes across with......

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
lol... this is almost true Sside.... on the other hand... my mk3 never left me stranded.... till I was stupid enough to somehow manage to re-wire my O2 sensor across my exhaust (WTF was I thinking?!?!?) more along the lines of wtf was I smoking (smoked a lot of green stuff in those times), but those days are long gone, and lessons learned will be what they are.

and no amount of drinking will make me forget... unless I drink myself into a coma.

PS: my mk3 was my daily... I did what it took no matter the time it took me or the effort spent, or the cost... in blood, sweat, or $$$

Eventually the car was totalled @ an assumed 4 lane crossing (with a non-visible 5ht lane) and a civic blocked from view by a passing truck... the predecessor to which was stolen.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
89jdm7m;1903780 said:
lol... this is almost true Sside.... on the other hand... my mk3 never left me stranded.... till I was stupid enough to somehow manage to re-wire my O2 sensor across my exhaust (WTF was I thinking?!?!?) more along the lines of wtf was I smoking (smoked a lot of green stuff in those times), but those days are long gone, and lessons learned will be what they are.

and no amount of drinking will make me forget... unless I drink myself into a coma.

PS: my mk3 was my daily... I did what it took no matter the time it took me or the effort spent, or the cost... in blood, sweat, or $$$

Eventually the car was totalled @ an assumed 4 lane crossing (with a non-visible 5ht lane) and a civic blocked from view by a passing truck... the predecessor to which was stolen.

Its okay man.... A nice mk3 is going to come around... But that does not mean its not going to hate your guts. Its going to be very nice and cute at first and then when you start to love it the true demon inside starts to come out..... First a small problem, an easy fix...... Something that makes you say "hu that was not bad at all :), ready to get back on the road".... A few days later it will develop another little problem bigger than the last..... Once again nothing a trip to the auto parts store cant fix...... And then FREAKING BHG!!!!!!!!! as it sits there with its lazy eyes closed ready to hibernate as we go to sleep trying to figure out how everything will play out.....

I'm telling you.... Its crazy... Even when I walk outside I hear faint whisper....... "jaaaaackstands"..... One sec as I go outside and kick my car...

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
I might be doing the same by the end of this summer coming up, because I am going away to school to finish my bachelors in Bio and after that finding a Physicians assistant school to go to. It sucks because this was a car I actually wanted to keep and eventually work on it some more, but I guess its a part of life to leave the fun things in the past until school is over with and then when your done to get back into the fun times.
Like you, I know once I am done I will get another Mk3 to make into a fun autocrosser.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
ive been fighting with the idea of selling mine.
its been parked for the last year waiting for smog and insurance.been putting to work in my camry,missing the speed and heated side mirrors...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sside;1903832 said:
I'm telling you.... Its crazy... Even when I walk outside I hear faint whisper....... "jaaaaackstands"..... One sec as I go outside and kick my car...
Hmm, "Jack Stands". I think you may have just given me the proper name for the widebody project. :rofl:

Flight Doc, keep your patience, and set aside a few bucks now and then, and get to your Mk3 when you can in the future. Sometimes, the time just isn't right for a particular car in our lives. On the bright side, once you're making the big bucks, then you can put together a better Mk3 than you ever thought possible! :)